Ashes 2015 - Australia tour of England July/September 2015

C Boomer

Club Captain
so owing to the shocking selection policies of England / Ian Bell obviously having pictures of the odious Giles Clarke defiling the corpse of a dormouse, I guess I have lost my bet with @cooks1st100 - anyone give me a tip on how to transfer vcash?

i would just point out Ballance was outscoring Bell when he was dropped; that Bell is shit; and all this has done is make me hate Bell even more.

Ballance is going nowhere as a Test player until he learns to use his front foot and get to the pitch of the ball, might get away with it at county level but alas for him, his defences are all to easy breached at the highest level as his technique is somewhat flawed and test opposition captains and their bowlers know it.

Shagger

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Truly hope we can send off Buck Rogers and Pup with a good showing in this 5th test.

Both have been absolute warriors of the game.

Going to be a difficult transitional period for Australia over the next 12-24 months i feel.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Truly hope we can send off Buck Rogers and Pup with a good showing in this 5th test.

Both have been absolute warriors of the game.

Going to be a difficult transitional period for Australia over the next 12-24 months i feel.

Knowing the Aussie selectors, they'll keep Voges and recall Watson to the team. Personally? I'd look for some young batsmen. I'd limit Watson to limited overs because he's priceless in the shorter version, but I don't and haven't ever really seen him as a test cricketer.

Shagger

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Knowing the Aussie selectors, they'll keep Voges and recall Watson to the team. Personally? I'd look for some young batsmen. I'd limit Watson to limited overs because he's priceless in the shorter version, but I don't and haven't ever really seen him as a test cricketer.
Agree about Watson but would personally love to see Voges keep his place. With Clarke, Rogers, Haddin and Harris all departing it's vital to have a couple of experienced heads around the young team. Voges is a class act, has a lot to offer in my opinion.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Can someone tell me the value of v cash?

you use it on v hookers, v drugs, and v miscellany.[DOUBLEPOST=1439983654][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ballance is going nowhere as a Test player until he learns to use his front foot and get to the pitch of the ball, might get away with it at county level but alas for him, his defences are all to easy breached at the highest level as his technique is somewhat flawed and test opposition captains and their bowlers know it.

still. outscored. bell. the. entire. time. they. were. in. the. same. team.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Agree about Watson but would personally love to see Voges keep his place. With Clarke, Rogers, Haddin and Harris all departing it's vital to have a couple of experienced heads around the young team. Voges is a class act, has a lot to offer in my opinion.

He'll probably keep his spot now that Rogers has pulled the pin too. 3 new batsmen would be a bit much and not like they are banging the house down.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
you use it on v hookers, v drugs, and v miscellany.[DOUBLEPOST=1439983654][/DOUBLEPOST]

still. outscored. bell. the. entire. time. they. were. in. the. same. team.

Didn't help.

He outscored Bell. But Bell, is mid 30's with a career over the hill. Ballance is mid 20's with a career in front. HUGE difference. You are quite obsessed btw.

Shagger

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
He'll probably keep his spot now that Rogers has pulled the pin too. 3 new batsmen would be a bit much and not like they are banging the house down.
Agreed. Voges is probably the only guy at domestic level that has been 'banging the door down' for a number of seasons. Would be a mistake to drop him.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
so owing to the shocking selection policies of England / Ian Bell obviously having pictures of the odious Giles Clarke defiling the corpse of a dormouse, I guess I have lost my bet with @cooks1st100 - anyone give me a tip on how to transfer vcash?

i would just point out Ballance was outscoring Bell when he was dropped; that Bell is shit; and all this has done is make me hate Bell even more.

Cheers Dave, Had Bell not played on his home turf I may well have still lost!! No pressure test now, expect another good innings from Bell.

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360

Very well said. His lack of foot movement is puzzling. It worked in the CC because the pace is lower so you get that little bit extra of time. Also, you get more bad bowls, so you can score. When you have international bowlers bowling line and length almost every ball, you need to learn to move. He will get destroyed by South Africa bowlers, so hopefully he won't get selected until he goes away and works on his technique.[DOUBLEPOST=1440063752][/DOUBLEPOST]
I won't begrudge him a streaky 20 in his final test.

Final test in England, maybe!

Users who are viewing this thread