Ashes Cricket 2009 FAQ

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The quick guide to the most commonly asked questions about Ashes Cricket 2009.

Q. When will the game be released?
A. On PC, Xbox 360 and PS3: 7th August in the UK, 13th August in Australia, Around the 13th August in India. Wii version's release date not confirmed, but may be the same.

Q. Which formats is it being released on?
A. PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Wii.

Q. Will there be a demo? If so, when?
A. Yes, but only on Xbox 360 and PC.

Q. Is it fully licensed?
A. No - only the England and Australia teams are licensed, and the only licensed tournament is the Ashes. The other teams will have fake names and appearances out of the box, but PC patches will ensure your game is looking fully licensed in no time at all.

Q. Who are the commentators?
A. Sir Ian Botham, Shane Warne, Tony Greig, Ian Bishop and Jonathan Agnew.

Q. What is the scenario in the demo?
A. It's a 3 over test match at Lords between England and Australia. Players can choose from the 3 difficulty levels and to play as either side.

Last edited:

rza89

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
simple question is it hard to score runs, ie is there more options in difficulty than test mode?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
simple question is it hard to score runs, ie is there more options in difficulty than test mode?

Thats one I want to know, does the damn ball go though the gaps all the time like the last two games?

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
The most important question which you forgot to ask:eek::

Do we still loose confidence on leaving a ball like previous games or this time around there is a key to leave the ball and wont affect the confidence as long as it is a good leave.??

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The most important question which you forgot to ask:eek::

Do we still loose confidence on leaving a ball like previous games or this time around there is a key to leave the ball and wont affect the confidence as long as it is a good leave.??

Please can we leave Qs out of the FAQ thread. That one is half-answered in that if they read the 2007 review I wrote they would have seen me moaning about it.

King Cricket

International Coach
o - only the England and Australia teams are licensed, and the only licensed tournament is the Ashes. The other teams will have fake names and appearances out of the box.

Not again........

Why don't they license everything? It's really annoying.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Not again........

Why don't they license everything? It's really annoying.
It's not a matter of just licensing everything, it costs money to get full licenses and the other thing is that EA may very well have secured exclusive licenses (I don't know this for sure) for some teams. Rest assured that our talented PC patchmakers will have your game looking fully licensed within days.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Thats one I want to know, does the damn ball go though the gaps all the time like the last two games?

Or through the batsmen's pads...

It's not a matter of just licensing everything, it costs money to get full licenses and the other thing is that EA may very well have secured exclusive licenses (I don't know this for sure) for some teams. Rest assured that our talented PC patchmakers will have your game looking fully licensed within days.

Does that include faces and so on? I know there were some great ones made for EA Cricket 07, but didn't have BLIC 2007 long enough to find out if that had them as well.

Highlander999

ICC President
IIRC, in the interview they said that you could make the faces to look like other players, but I wouldn't hold me to that

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Maybe you could add that hawkeye will once again be in the game, because it will.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I've got a feeling, that people are expecting a lot of the Wii version. A good thing is that at least Codemasters is trying to work on the game (by delaying the Wii version) and try their best to perfect it. And it seems it will come out with the Wii-Mote plus, which promises to deliver a 1:1 control.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I've got a feeling, that people are expecting a lot of the Wii version. A good thing is that at least Codemasters is trying to work on the game (by delaying the Wii version) and try their best to perfect it. And it seems it will come out with the Wii-Mote plus, which promises to deliver a 1:1 control.

They better put the same level of work into the PC version as the Wii version!

jim555

School Cricketer
i saw the ricky pointing interview and i was focusing on the game in the background. i see they have improved bowling actions. my question, (really stupid but interesting to me) is it always the same type of leave. in brian lara 2007 leaving the ball was the same every time. is there different types of leaves?

Users who are viewing this thread