NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Hey people i have AC09 play it with Game booster with no crowd..

Some times when i play it just hang's up and show's me CPU utilization as 100 and then i have to quit by end process

Please help

Also any other sofware other then Game Booster to help me with good grphics

CricketPlayer55

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
get more RAM and a faster processor.

And a new graphics card if you want crowds and all.

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Is it really correct, @AshesCricket2019 ?

For some people trying to use any type of Game Booster such as Razer Cortex for example can actually have a detrimental effect and make the game perform worse - however I don't know with regards to Ashes Cricket, I wouldn't think anyone should need to even try and use any Game Boosting software with such an old game.

Personally I don't install or run any Game Boosting software on my PC, I just remove/uninstall any crap I don't need and make sure I do not have programs running in the background which could affect performance - I also make sure I have "Gamer Mode" enabled on my AntiVirus so it knows not to interfere:
image.png

The best way to get the best performance in my opinion is to keep your PC clean and tidy and free of any crap bloatware software (the type that comes with your PC when you buy it) - the first thing I do after buying a new PC is a clean installation of Windows without any of the crap! Oh and if you have a laptop a good laptop cooler is essential, without my laptop cooler when I'm playing games it overheats and the games become unplayable due to thermal-throttling causing the FPS to drop to like 5 or 10.

Apart from that I just do normal PC cleaning activities every now and then like running CCleaner: https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download and Disk Cleanup:
image.png

Regarding VLC player I'm not sure - I know having Windows Media Player open (on mute) with a playlist (one song is fine) on repeat used to help some people with various games like FIFA and possibly AC09 when they suffered from lag/stuttering issues in the past.

If you really want to get more performance out of your PC the only real way in my opinion is overclocking and I don't recommend ever trying to do this on a laptop - on a Desktop PC it's ok providing you know what you are doing, have good cooling and can afford to replace a component if you f**k up and fry it with too many volts. Actually I overclocked my old Desktop PC: RAM, CPU, Northbridge & GPU are all overclocked quite well and it's very stable, when I find some time I will take some screenshots. There are various softwares which will "auto-overclock" your PC for you but I don't recommend these, I only ever overclocked manually via the BIOS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread