Ashes Cricket 2009 system req. Confirmed. ( Official System Specifications in First Post )

Ojasvi99

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Let me kno about Ashes Cricket 09 system requirements and also tell me will AC 09 run smoothly on my pc.

Here are my system Specs...

Processor: AMD Sempron 1.8 Ghz
RAM : !.5 GB
Graphics Card : Nvidia FX 5500
VRAM : 256 MB

Given below are the system requirements of Ashes Cricket 2009 :

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/eshop/more-details.php?gid=3113&pid=357#

Minimum Requirements

-Windows XP/Vista. (if running Windows Vista SP1 or above is recommended)
-DirectX 9.0c
-2 Ghz Pentium or AMD™ equivalent
-1 GB RAM
-Graphics Card: GeForce 6800 / Radeon X1600 or above Shader 3.0 256MB RAM card
-DirectX Compatible Sound Card
-Dual layer DVD-ROM Drive
-2.5 GB Hard Drive Space

Recommended Requirements

-Windows XP/Vista. (if running Windows Vista SP1 or above is recommended)
-DirectX 9.0c
-3 GHz Pentium 4 or AMD™ equivalent and above
-1.5GB RAM
-Graphics card: GeForce 8800GS & above, or Radeon X1900 series & above
-Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Sound Card.
-Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive
-3 GB Hard Drive Space

Supported Graphics cards

ATI Radeon x1600, x1650, x1800, x1900, x1950, HD2400, HD2600, HD2900, HD3450, HD3470, HD3650, HD3850, HD3870, HD3870X2, HD4850, HD4870, HD4870X2, HD4890

NVIDIA Geforce 6800, 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950, 8400, 8500, 8600, 8800, 9600, 9800, 9800GX2, GTX260, GTX280, GTX285, GTX295

Last edited by a moderator:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Is that 1.5GB RAM? Your processor seems to be a bit behind the rest of your specs (BLIC07 was min 1.4Ghz) but I reckon you'll be ok.
Nothing official yet again.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
On a vaguely related note I've now maxed out my motherboard by ordering two 512mb memory cards. All memory and PCI slots now taken.
Hopefully it will now take my PC less than 15 minutes to start up in the morning and who knows it might even run Ashes Cricket 2009 (although my ATI Radeon 9600 is getting a bit outdated too...).

omkarjere

International Cricketer
How about mine:

Intel P4 2.66GHz
1GB DDR2
Geforce 8400GS 512MB
Win XP SP3

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
BTW does BLIC require Pixel Shader 3.0?
Shouldn't be a requirement, but it will look best with a graphics card that supports it.

For pure speculation if you are at/above a level of the Nvidia Geforce 7 series, you should be right, as the feature set of those cards is roughly equivalent to the consoles. Just switch off some of the more advanced graphical features and you should be right.

Anything below that will be borderline. From what I saw of the graphics, you'd need to have ran BLIC 07 well, not just barely scraped through to handle it.

As for CPU, shouldn't really matter, I've been well under the CPU standards for a lot of games I've been able to play just fine. You won't need a fancy dual core.

Give Windows a reinstall and put the latest Direct X and Drivers on for the best experience at launch.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Shouldn't be a requirement, but it will look best with a graphics card that supports it.

For pure speculation if you are at/above a level of the Nvidia Geforce 7 series, you should be right, as the feature set of those cards is roughly equivalent to the consoles. Just switch off some of the more advanced graphical features and you should be right.

Anything below that will be borderline. From what I saw of the graphics, you'd need to have ran BLIC 07 well, not just barely scraped through to handle it.

As for CPU, shouldn't really matter, I've been well under the CPU standards for a lot of games I've been able to play just fine. You won't need a fancy dual core.

Give Windows a reinstall and put the latest Direct X and Drivers on for the best experience at launch.
Thanks for info. On my PC BLIC can run even on High Settings so I guess AC 2009 will work fine for me.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Remember that hardware requirements haven't been announced so this thread is potentially going nowhere.

@Ojasvi99: I am sure that this is a DirectX 9 game and while that means a GeForce FX is technically compatible, though I am not sure if it has the power to run the game acceptably. In general, your system appears to be about 5 years old. Unless you're prepared to make upgrades, I would suggest waiting until the information is clear as to whether your PC even meets minimum specs.

Side note: the Sempron is exactly why they started using model numbers instead of clock speed. There are 24 different models that all run at 1.8 GHz. Designers are constantly working on improvements that allow a component to do more work in a single clock cycle; this is the exact premise behind DDR and multi-core processors. Clock speed is now a very arbitrary number.

@omkarjere outlook good

@diaskasun signs point to yes

@friend863 No and no.

ajdude

International Coach
How should we tell him guys?...I doubt that you'd be able to run it at all with that PC, I'd invest in Crysis or something with ████ graphics or something

On another note, how will mine handle it

E8400 (3.1GHz each core)
Geforce 9800GT 512MB
4GB Kingston DDR2 1200

Will I be able to max it on 1680x1020 or not? This is an honest post, not a showing off post, just wondering if I'd be able to max it.

Hzdar1

School Cricketer
Processor: Intel Core 2 duo (1.6 GHz Each)
RAM :1 GB
Graphics Card : Nvidia GeForce 7300 GS
RAM :512 MB

It can play BLIC 2007,Assassins Creed 1,FIFA 2009,Race Driver:GRID,GTA IV,Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread