Review Ashes Cricket 2009

P

pcfan123

Ah okay, so if I am understanding correctly, you move the aiming thingymabob just before releasing or afterwards?

I move it the second before I press the button to time the delivery.
Also I usually change the delivery too, so if I had initially picked an outswinger, Ill change it right before I stop the meter to a straight one or an inswinger.

Also, the further you move the bowling marker from where it initially was (when you started the run up) it seems to cause more problems

D

Dutch

I move it the second before I press the button to time the delivery.
Also I usually change the delivery too, so if I had initially picked an outswinger, Ill change it right before I stop the meter to a straight one or an inswinger.

Also, the further you move the bowling marker from where it initially was (when you started the run up) it seems to cause more problems

Thanks for this! Just bowled my first maiden on hard mode! Great! I got smashed for 26 in the next over though so consistency is everything!

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm so excited about playing this game! It sounds hard, which is good, working out everything to be good (particularly in bowling) sounds so fun, I'm genuinely excited.

My birthday can't come quick enough!

EDIT: YES, MY BIRTHDAY IS ON A SATURDAY! THAT MEANS I WILL HAVE ALL WEEKEND TO SET IT UP AND PLAY! G-U-N!

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
The only bad thing is the AI batting in tests. They go way too aggresive!

leftarmlegspin

Club Cricketer
Very good review. I don't think I'll be buying this. I've read far too many reports of problems with the game that I believe would annoy me immensely and as such I'd stop playing after a week or so. Not worth me shelling out ?30+ at the moment.

P

pcfan123

could someone tell me how I can take more than 1 screen shot at a time? I want to take a few of the demo but I can only take 1 at a time (in the cache) is there a program that allows you to take more?

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Ashes Cricket 2009 - PS3

A big part of the Ashes Series, which the game completely fails to achieve, is stat tracking.

And thats the clincher...Im sure as hell not getting this game then. FFS, its CRICKET...how the hell cant developers get it through their thick heads that without stats tracking cricket games are useless! Just look at cricket as a sport....what is it if not just a bunch of stats deciding whos the better player? ICC rankings, comparisons between Ponting and Tendulkar has been going on for ages. Figuring out the form of your team by comparing stats...jeez, just browse around on cricinfo for a while and then they will see what a big freekin deal stats are in cricket!

Sorry for ranting but seriously...the guys at Transmission said theyre cricket fans - well thats rubbish, if they were fans of the game they would know stats tracking is essential. And noone can hide behind the whole "casual fans dont care about stats" because Transmission has said from the start this isnt a game for the casual fans...its a cricket sim for hardcore fans. And hardcore fans want stats! Unforgivable...

bally91

School Cricketer
depth in the game

hey guys just with the review just a few questions i havent really found an answer to:

is there alot of depth in the create a team/tournament feature?
like can u have more than one team at once so u can create all the ipl n australian state sides.
n is there such touranments options u can make like a 8team knockouts or a league or round robin then finals etc

can u give ur team like a home ground? like NSW = sydney, an odi n test kit? an emblem n that sort stuff?

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
And thats the clincher...Im sure as hell not getting this game then. FFS, its CRICKET...how the hell cant developers get it through their thick heads that without stats tracking cricket games are useless! Just look at cricket as a sport....what is it if not just a bunch of stats deciding whos the better player? ICC rankings, comparisons between Ponting and Tendulkar has been going on for ages. Figuring out the form of your team by comparing stats...jeez, just browse around on cricinfo for a while and then they will see what a big freekin deal stats are in cricket!

Sorry for ranting but seriously...the guys at Transmission said theyre cricket fans - well thats rubbish, if they were fans of the game they would know stats tracking is essential. And noone can hide behind the whole "casual fans dont care about stats" because Transmission has said from the start this isnt a game for the casual fans...its a cricket sim for hardcore fans. And hardcore fans want stats! Unforgivable...

Again - how can stuff like this be missed when they developed the game? Then there's AI runouts, AI pacing issues, wrong bowling speeds.... all of it is unforgivable. They're gonna need to release one heck of a patch to change my mind.

chennaistar

School Cricketer
the bowling speeds & timing feature is so poor

have anyone faced collingwood comfortably?? i dunno wat developers have done in speed portion, seems thay have not concentrated in gameplay, only stadiums, outfields look nice....

BLC 99 is better & super infact :noway

also not able to time Anderson's

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Maybe your just ████? I'm not having any trouble so far with timing.

chennaistar

School Cricketer
Maybe your just ████? I'm not having any trouble so far with timing.

I am playing every bowlers except Collingwood, almost 99.95% timing gets edge & its so lookward when Ponting is doing this! Ponting had scored 45 (25) that time! :D

Can u help me how to ime Collingwood's ball!

Users who are viewing this thread