Ashes Cricket 2013 Bugs

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Never disparaged anyone, just mobiling'd and early septembered 505, ourselves, everyone here, and last but not least his own staff.

Oh, i did forget, there is one more, he did manage to totally mobiling'd the Ashes brand and totally embarrass the collective cricket boards.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Whilst it seems almost cruel to keep pointing these out... 6s are recorded as 4s as well as 6s!

Attachments

• 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 26

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Whilst it seems almost cruel to keep pointing these out... 6s are recorded as 4s as well as 6s!

Don't worry, there's a lot more for you to find.... here's one of Mike's greatest hits, 9th August:

Hi Guys, Here is a brief update of WIP for this week past. We have isolated the memory leak which is 100% repeatable and we now know exactly where it is the code so we have a bunch of coders working hard to resolve it. We are still including more content in the game notably the planned DLC and other assets. QA has now ramped up 24/7 so we have regular sweeps of the builds to identify as many bugs as possible so we can fix them with optimisation continuing. We are currently on track for our scheduled submission dates and the team continues to work hard. Thanks for keeping the faith and I will update you further next week.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
QA consisted of pointing and laughing for hours.

----------

Should I enforce the follow-on? Oh wait, it's crashed again.
I tried hard to engineer a follow on situation and couldn't get it to work, so you got one step further than me.

Got rain yet?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Wow, someone is still playing this in 2014. I know MF told about longevity.:clap

How else are England meant to win a test?

----------

I tried hard to engineer a follow on situation and couldn't get it to work, so you got one step further than me.

Got rain yet?

No rain but playing in Aus not in UK.

----------

Don't worry, there's a lot more for you to find.... here's one of Mike's greatest hits, 9th August:

I'm kind of torn between the funny bugs like the ball teleporting 6 foot to the keeper when you hit to slip or to the bowler for mid-off and the downright hilarious ones like the ball going through players who should be trying to catch it and not bothering to enable points for the tournaments with groups.
I think the runouts is still winning though. Maybe QA thought there were meant to be 9 suicidal runouts per innings.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Maybe QA thought there were meant to be 9 suicidal runouts per innings.
I think they were going with the premise that AC2009 was fairly well received so they tried to get to the essence of what made it great.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
On a positive note, AC13 doesn't suffer from the annoying constant fumbling of the ball when trying to pick it up that AC09 did - they just stare at the ball and ignore it until they are ready.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors

Quick translation :

Mike Fegan said:
We have isolated the memory leak which is 100% repeatable and we now know exactly where it is the code so we have a bunch of coders working hard to resolve it

We have no idea what is going on with the memory leaks, or actually what a memory leak is, but the "coders" we hired over the internet for a dollar a week say they have it covered. Fingers crossed!

We are still including more content in the game notably the planned DLC and other assets.

Hahaha, no we're not.

QA has now ramped up 24/7 so we have regular sweeps of the builds to identify as many bugs as possible so we can fix them with optimisation continuing.

We are now forcing the intern we made head of QA to work 24 hour shifts for maximum efficiency. He says things are going ok but it's tough to be sure as he is now permanently hallucinating.

We are currently on track for our scheduled submission dates and the team continues to work hard.

We're forcing everyone else to work 24 hour shifts as well but no way in hell are we going to make any of our submission dates.

Thanks for keeping the faith and I will update you further next week.

Holy crap even I'm amazed by how terrible this flailing abortion of a game is! See you later, suckers. I'm out of here.

PS please buy the game

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I bought both, I've certainly got more of my money's worth out of the few hours I got to play DBC14 than I did Ashes.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
So with the follow on crashing the game I realised that I had to get Australia past the follow-on mark before bowling them out.
I figured wide no-ball bouncers ought to do the job. Not a bit of it.

No ball. Nicked to keeper. Out. Follow-on crash...

----------

Edit: I'm defeated. My attempt to make it through an entire Ashes series is over. The game crashes regardless of the follow on mark. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread