Ashes Cricket 2013 Review (PC only)

DamianB

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ashes Cricket 13 Review i posted on Steam....

I started this game with high hopes. As i put a lot of hours into Ashes 09 and IC 2010.. plus god knows how many other cricket games from as early as Brian Lara '99

But unfortunately this is one of the worst cricket games i have ever played.

The ambience noise isn't bad. the recordings are nice and feels very "immersive", Until it decides to change volume randomly and the commentary comes in and lowers other sound volume, It is very lazy in that it feels like you have multiple sound files that aren't matched in volume playing right after each other and lots of clipping

The only good thing about the visuals is that some of the animations are nice looking, Too much clipping between animations and they don't match all the time though. i would say the bowling animation looks nice. Still looks like a game from 5 years ago with bad ps2 graphics.

The ball is no where NEAR the hands when it is thrown 90% of the time and when doing a stumping you see a flash of the ball. then the animation of the keeper (who is not standing near where the ball went) try and hit the stumps.

The ball goes through fielders legs Frequently and at one stage i had the keeper looking at first slip from when the ball was bowled until it was hit by the batter.

Then the other glitches like the keeper suddenly deciding to stand in a leg slip position to a fast bowler and the fielders chasing down the ball but not picking it up with animations clipping the whole time and following it for 4 runs.

Half the time i got a wicket and didn't know where the ball had been. why i got the wicket or how the ball morphed through the body of the batsmen and hit the wickets.

Batting was very boring and worse than Ashes 09

Overall i give it a 2/10. not worth a purchase

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Now for my review.

I am so much nicer on cricket games and games in general than most.

Ashes 2013 has been a long wait to say the least and was it worth the wait well no.
It's just not a full game, feels like a average mobile game that did not have the budget like say bigant to make a game.
There is some good in the game, you can see where they tried and how it sometimes feels like cricket or like IC2010 but then something happens that just makes you annoyed or just laugh.

I will not make this a long review as well there will be better ones that mine.

Graphic 41% Below average.
Sound?50% Ok in some area.
Gameplay 19% the game plays like test cricket sometimes but then the bugs show up,
Where is the f--king Difficulty levels guys.
Lastability 8% No one will play this if DBC14 releasers next month, if we last that long.:(
Bugs 9%
Overall. 16% and what can you say, worse cricket game ever is going to be used a lot over the next few weeks.

PS last comment on this review, Go buy KFC for $20 and throw it at Mike Fegans head and at the same time shouting colourful swear words at him.:clap

Last edited:

savvart

Club Captain
No words can describe the utter rubbish this game is. WOW...

I cannot believe how they could possibly approve this for release. This game plays and looks like it is from 2002 or earlier.

Graphics are poor, animations horrible, wow...

This is rubbish... :facepalm

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
feel like a good mobile game that did not have the budget like say bigant to make a game...

From what I've heard, their budget was quite a bit bigger than Big Ant's... for the record.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
505 games took 5-6 months more to add more bugs. Tbh the bugs are pretty much interesting ;)

scampy

Club Captain
So has anyone seen the "All this and more?"

Send your comments to [email protected] and let them know what you think of being ripped off by their officially licensed product.

Last edited:

BinBadin

School Cricketer
It is a terrible terrible, extremely buggy, extremely horrendous excuse for a game. I've just wasted some money, and I really do hope that you do not.

I managed 20 overs of bowling (bowled Australia out for 96, I say bowled, but they managed to run themselves out for 7 of the wickets). Then I quit after 2 overs of batting.

No replays, but to be frank, that's not really a loss considering how bad it all looks & plays.

Animations - Terrible
"Gameplay" - Awful
Graphics - Utterly laughable. You will chuckle then die a bit inside when you see the maximum resolution.

If you've got a bit of spare cash to blow on a game, DO NOT waste it on this.....
i'm 1000000% with you brother. this is some kind of joke lol. uninstalled within 20 minutes

balkeet

International Coach
It all began in october-november 2012 with announcement of a new cricket game ac13 with 21 june as release date and periodic videos of jamie firth with trickstar studios staff telling their aim is to nail the gameplay and add that unpredictability in gameplay. They had so much time, don't know what went wrong.

Pat

International Coach
It all began in october-november 2012 with announcement of a new cricket game ac13 with 21 june as release date and periodic videos of jamie firth with trickstar studios staff telling their aim is to nail the gameplay and add that unpredictability in gameplay. They had so much time, don't know what went wrong.

I would think all that "we have been working on this since 18 months" was all rubbish. It's highly likely that they began development around the same time (maybe a couple of months before) they came on here and made the announcement.

balkeet

International Coach
Trickstar have passed the baton to big ant studios for cricket gaming franchise.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
To everyone who went ahead and purchased the game despite it being so glaringly obvious what you were going to get: :facepalm:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Can't wait for the videos though and I expect to learn some choice new insults from their facebook page!!!

Last edited:

dale0404

Club Captain
If you want visual proof of how bad this game really is watch this video:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread