Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm still quite dumbfounded by actually how amateur the whole thing is... I've said it before but, like, we knew it was going to be bad... writing was on the wall... I don't think anyone expected this basement-level bad though. Surely the guys behind the scenes working on this can do better? Surely...

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
It reminds me of Pre-Alpha builds of games that indie developers show off

LegBreakGoogly

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm still quite dumbfounded by actually how amateur the whole thing is... I've said it before but, like, we knew it was going to be bad... writing was on the wall... I don't think anyone expected this basement-level bad though. Surely the guys behind the scenes working on this can do better? Surely...

Agreed. My Friend, who is still at University, made a racing game for PC/XBox 360 and it is 10X better to look at and play

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It reminds me of Pre-Alpha builds of games that indie developers show off

Yeah, it's like a proof-of-concept or something that you would take to a producer for investment. No way is this a "finished" product for console sales...

BRAB

International Coach
The awkward blocking animation from the vine video is actually still there, just looks better from the "broadcast" camera

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England

It looks more clunky than Cricket 2004 (out of the box), which is criminal to be saying 10 years later. Watching some of the videos, I've literally laughed out loud. I hope Steam remove the game, it wouldn't be the first time that's happened because a new release was so bad. Neither Trickstar nor 505 deserve any sort of income from this disgraceful mess.

Nodster

School Cricketer

Yeah I knew it was never going to be great, or even probably touch upon DBC14 (which is what I think we're all looking forward to even without official licensing). I thought it'd give me a game to tide me over until then.

How wrong I was.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Lousy is the best word to describe this game :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
AC13 is more than just disappointing. Its like a dementor sucking out the happiness out of cricket games. What a terrible effort. And I can't bear to think that this game has stopped DB14 from releasing so long. Atleast if it were laudable effort, that would been justified.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Lucky i didn't buy this game.
I played it at a friend house.

First of all here is my experience.

Negative reaction first.
Batting
1. Hardly can Defend the ball, I get Bowled or LBW most of the time, When defending a Shot on the leg stump, the batsmen still defends it on the Off stump making me get clean bowled on the leg side and if put the batsmen way leg side, it still go far to the off stump making me getting clean bowl again from the stump or LBW.

2. There always Front foot shots, No back foot shot at all, Cant hook a Ball at all, the batsmen most of the time go down on his knees to hit the Ball. ( for Hook)

3. running between the wicket is Very Slow.

Bowling and Fielding mostly fielding.
1. Fielder seems to have powers. If the batsmen the ball between Slip and The Keeper, automatically the Keeper or the fielder have the Ball.
2. Same as the above, When the ball is hit through the Gap, between two fielder, it cant get past them.
3. Some time the fielding just stand up and Watch the ball hit the Boundary and dont move.

I like the Challenge of batting and Bowling. I wouldn't mine little bugs, but most of these bug are Major.
I like the way you have to time the ball properly to get four, sixes or even singles, what i hate though where i can get quick singles, or even 4 fours for the edge, make the Fun turn into frustration. since Edge and invisible person give the keepr the ball, or Trying to Run a quick single, turn in to pain when the Player run like snails.

Overall it could of been a Good game in the making, unfortunately they released an unfinished Game, With Poor animation, like missing Animation. Great batting Challenge with a limited amount of shots, and a Awful Fielding what ever ya want to call it. Bowling is alright.

I wouldn't recommend this Game to anyone. I wasn't looking forward for it. So cant say i am Disappointed.
But Trust stay as FAR away from this game as possible pick up Cricket 97 or 2007, or Play Ashes 2009. Man even play BLC 2007 which is still better than this game.

Oh yeah just to Add.
I dont mine the Graphics, I careless, but man this Had both, Poor Graphic and Poor Gameplay

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread