MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
In what shouldn't be a surprise, Ashes Cricket got in 3rd and 5th on the Australian sales chart just after release:

The ?tenth? edition of John Madden?s NFL football game made it into the all formats top ten last week. Yes, I?m serious.

It didn?t manage to trouble Codemaster?s Ashes Cricket, which saw the delayed Xbox 360 version join its PS3 brethren near the top of the list. But still, I think EA can be proud that some of us bought a game about a sport that most of us don?t care about.

Wii Sports Resort, predictably, remains at number one, having now sold over 100,000 copies since launch.

All Format Full-Priced Games Top 10 for the w/e August 16:

1. Wii Sports Resort (Wii)
2. Wii Fit (Wii)
3. Ashes Cricket 2009 (PS3)
4. Wii Play (Wii)
5. Ashes Cricket 2009 (360)
6. Mario Kart (Wii)
7. The Sims 3 (PC)
8. Brain Training (DS)
9. Madden NFL 10 (PS3)
10. Madden NFL 10 (360)

Via: Kotaku AU

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I will be surprise if Madden sold 10 copies in India. :p

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I bet EA are so annoyed by the sales of Ashes Cricket, because we all know most of us would purchase their crappy version because we're all idiots.

Just thinking, does anyone reckon EA might release something next year when the World T20 is held in the West Indies? If they've got the licenses. Off-topic but just a thought.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
How this happened, I don't know. This game is terrible. But I, like most, got caught in the hype it seems. Trading in this and Halo 3 for Fifa 10 = win.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
LOL I'm probably the only person that the matches are actually releastic!

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
How this happened, I don't know. This game is terrible. But I, like most, got caught in the hype it seems. Trading in this and Halo 3 for Fifa 10 = win.

A cricket game after so long time got fans excited. I wonder how many will be playing it after 3 months.

Krypta

School Cricketer
Hopefully the money Codemasters are raking in will go towards the game we were actually promised.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You'd really worry if cricket wasn't beating American Football in Australia...

Definitely. I can't imagine Ashes Cricket 09 beating Madden in the US, it's a stupid comparison.

I for one am more excited about getting Madden than I am this, although like most of us, I will be an idiot and still buy the game.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not surprising at all tbh, just astonished as to how many copys have actually been sold here....

Params7

International Cricketer
I'm surprised American Football games even sell enough to be in Top 10 in Aussie...

Its a domestic US sport.. O__o

Users who are viewing this thread