Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yup.BigAnt will release earlier for sure.So this makes it even more worser for Trickster/505!Goodbye Ashes 2013!RIP!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I'll drop the press release here while I work on an article:
505 GAMES DELAYS ASHES CRICKET 2013 TO NOVEMBER 2013 TO COINCIDE WITH THE SECOND ASHES SERIES
505 Games, a global publisher of video games, today announced the delay of the heavily anticipated Ashes Cricket 2013 video game. Originally scheduled for release on PC and home console systems to coincide with the 1st Ashes series of 2013 in the United Kingdom, the release has been delayed to November 2013 when the return series starts in Australia.

Tim Woodley, Senior Vice President Global Brand & Marketing for 505 Games, said: ?It is hugely disappointing that 505 Games has had to make this announcement today. We all had high hopes of bringing out a stellar cricket game during the first leg of this unprecedented Ashes year. But the fact of the matter is, we took a long hard look at the game as it stands and decided it simply wasn?t good enough in its current state. It was simply not worthy of the Ashes name.

?Unforeseen issues which developer Trickstar faced in latter stages of development have meant that they have been unable to do the requisite amount of polishing and fine-tuning which any game needs. We owe it to ourselves, to our licensors, the ECB and Cricket Australia, but most of all to the dedicated cricket fans and gamers to put our best foot forward.

?It is small compensation that we have the benefit of a second Ashes series in this unique cricketing year which affords us further time to work on the game and get it right for the return leg. We are confident that the time between now and the second Ashes series will be enough to add the final polish we believe the game needs. We are committed, as we always have been, to releasing a great game and we are doing everything in our power to ensure this is the case.?

Nikhil V

Banned
I think there will be even more poor sales issues since many other major pc games are gonna release by that time like AC/GTA V/NFS RIVALS/NBA2K14/WATCH DOGS etc. etc.

Phineas

Club Cricketer
1. Nobody will buy the game if Big Ant Cricket is ready by then. It is far superior and nobody will buy 2 cricket games.

2. When England annihilate Australia 5-0 nobody will care for the Ashes. Big Ant will have exactly the same teams just using false names. As will Ashes, only 2 teams are licenced.

3. I beleive there was less ---- on Noah's Arc than comes out of that mans mouth!!

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Another load of lies from Mr Fegan. The truth is that they've seen big ants game and compared it to their own and are now running scared!

At least this way big ant gets first crack at selling their game to the market and should get the majority of sales.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I think Mike Fegan would need a shoulder to cry on......:p

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
As I said earlier in calling for them to do this, I think this is the right move. Any attempt to rush the game through for a release during this Ashes series was never going to make anyone happy.

While ideally they would have just said this back in June - I'm glad they have finally put the product ahead of the financial benefit a UK Ashes series release would achieve.

I very much doubt they can close the gap on Big Ant in any way - especially if they try to change plans about the game in reaction to it - but they at least shouldn't embarrass themselves.

I do feel for Mike having to take the level of personal abuse he does just for having the fortune of being the guy who has to break the news to people.

007avenger007

Club Captain
God! I feel bad for this man... felt like he was about to cry or something... He's being showered with criticism and straight up abuse... I don't have any hope in the game anymore but i feel for Mike, atleast he's being honest now... The game was never and isn't "good enough" let alone great or just good...

mrcricket28

School Cricketer
Yeah good on them for finally being upfront and honest with everyone. They've done the best they can do with the situation the way it is now.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think some respect is due as well. He's the CEO and fronting up rather than just hiding behind a PR company.

I disagree with this, Anyone can post a video saying sorry. If I do bad at my job do I expect to receive 'respect'? No.

Also Ross has made a very good point here;

This is the game they "honestly and openly" told everyone had been submitted to Microsoft and if it had passed they then would have sold it to you!!

Users who are viewing this thread