Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm having a better test match with everything (except teams and kits) on default. I am sure the game was originally tested without loads of modifiers, and I seem to be seeing mentalities and more varied dismissals coming through. If you think about it, how can changing the physics NOT adversely affect the gameplay?

D

Deleted member 185125

Is there any modifier/setting to get the AI batsman play Yorkers and Bouncers better?

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
3BF4C896-7204-42C8-B9D1-19E6D1552DDC.png
3BF4C896-7204-42C8-B9D1-19E6D1552DDC.png

A very close match. Can’t believe it got away from me in the 4th innings. I had 130 runs to get three wickets!

Last edited:

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm having a better test match with everything (except teams and kits) on default. I am sure the game was originally tested without loads of modifiers, and I seem to be seeing mentalities and more varied dismissals coming through. If you think about it, how can changing the physics NOT adversely affect the gameplay?
This is a good theory, default physics seem to give more edges while bowling

D

Dutch

Yep i think a lot of peeps have bowling speed up which is effecting other things...,

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I have my bowling speed at 80 and I'm far, far happier with the gameplay I get than most people here seem to be.

Yeah iv noticed no adverse affects with bowling speeds up, and iv played hours with both!

One thing I have noticed and it's a bit backwards is the AI bat better in 2nd innings...

This is where pitch deterioration isn't working.

Obviously some pitches flatten out but most get worse!

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Yeah iv noticed no adverse affects with bowling speeds up, and iv played hours with both!

One thing I have noticed and it's a bit backwards is the AI bat better in 2nd innings...

My theory on this would be that confidence carries over too much from the first innings. Often I notice batsmen are already in the green after just a few balls.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
My theory on this would be that confidence carries over too much from the first innings. Often I notice batsmen are already in the green after just a few balls.
It seems to carry over fully from the first innings. So unless they are out within about 15 balls they'll be fine in the second innings.[DOUBLEPOST=1515704125][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there any modifier/setting to get the AI batsman play Yorkers and Bouncers better?
Probably increasing judgement, maybe footwork too.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Yeah confidence carries over, which it shouldn't very much

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Can anyone who has played career mode tell me whether Combined Colleges (Universities) and ICC Americas (America XI) play in the first class tournaments or just the one day like real life?

kulch

Club Captain
Here is the rub. If they have been working on AO tennis for 3 years it's obvious they have only had 365 days with AC, (given DBC17). AC is obviously the patched/reworked DBC17 with extra licences. DBC14 is still the better game imo all they needed was sliders in DBC14 and work from that and by now we would be in much better shape. The academy and sandbox stuff has brilliant intentions but seems overreach as the core gameplay is effected with the logo/user created stuff having an impact on experience.... Or is it a placebo. Not sure we will ever know

Users who are viewing this thread