Ashes Cricket General Discussion

D

Deleted member 185125

When Playing night matches , there is some stuttering and frame rate issues , as well as players not looking the same in the Academy vs in game , especially the eye shadow part and the skin tone.

I think thats what he is alluding to.
That's there for both base and pro version. However the pro does have slightly better framerates, cut scenes has the major hit on framerates.

Thieves

Club Captain
I don't mind the blur screen. Doesn't stay for long. If you don't always rush the cuts scenes then it rarely happens.

It was present since dbc 17 days (not sure abt dbc 14).

A part of me is afraid that the graphics issues on the ps4 pro will never be fixed for academy players. Really takes you out of the game as some players look really terrible and look nothing like their real life counterparts.

I haven't even tried to create any players due to this reason. Created all my friends in dbc 17 and was fun to play in a team.

Kass D

County Cricketer
50 over game play would be nice if you guys can show us some improvement. Like AI batting approach or AI feild placements etc please

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@Llewelynf you might already be aware of this bug given the amount of creation you've done, but when you create a player and choose "add to team" - custom teams don't appear in the list until they already have enough players in to create a line up.

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
One bug I have is I create myself add me to England and Essex and then i'm gone from both teams. When I start up.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Do folks think it would be possible to edit a player from when we select them from the team screen? Not sure if that made sense. On my PS4, when I push the touchpad and get to the player's screen, I can't edit that player from there. I have to go to the players section, find the player, then edit her/him. It would make life a bit easier if we're able to edit players when we access there screen from anywhere. So selecting the player should take us directly into the player's edit screen, if that's doable. Not a major concern, just a minor inconvenience.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Fedge me.......had everything this......the real test comes now......can England bat on it as well!

Nice...I'd like to see the bowling figures for that innings. Only Broad and Anderson had much joy.

D

Dutch

Nice...I'd like to see the bowling figures for that innings. Only Broad and Anderson had much joy.
I ran them into the ground a bit to be fair :p

Overton and Woakes were about as effective as cutting into rock with a hamster.....

I think bowling with spinner of Ali's class should get your more maidens......

Had an LBW that was utterly plumb that was turned down but had no reviews left!

20180313223250_1.jpg

D

Dutch

Did you watch The Ashes?? :p

I agree though it's hard to keep things tight even if you're bowling pretty well on a spinner.
Yeah i would like to see them have more variation and threat to what they do......that batsmen are a little more circumspect to them....

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I ran them into the ground a bit to be fair :p

Overton and Woakes were about as effective as cutting into rock with a hamster.....

I think bowling with spinner of Ali's class should get your more maidens......

Had an LBW that was utterly plumb that was turned down but had no reviews left!

Yes...that was a decent workout for Anderson and Broad. Did their performance not tail-off with increased fatigue or did you manage to rest them a bit? Certainly would expect more maidens especially after the fourth wicket went down...but if it was a good batting track perhaps not entirely unexpected. If your batting is anything like mine avoiding the follow-on will be tricky...good luck with that.

D

Dutch

So a little vid of me batting: happy to say that batting feels quite easy just like Ai found it....not much movement, true bounce, ball comes off the bat hard, still need to be very wary though! I normally don't play with the ball marker but just to show the timing more clearly......you can see the new timing window....I can play the shot as or after the ball pitches and still be okay........also checking your guard is really nice and handy! See also the pretty challenging AI bowling line and length....Taken in minimum graphic quality in game on my rather old laptop!

Yes...that was a decent workout for Anderson and Broad. Did their performance not tail-off with increased fatigue or did you manage to rest them a bit? Certainly would expect more maidens especially after the fourth wicket went down...but if it was a good batting track perhaps not entirely unexpected. If your batting is anything like mine avoiding the follow-on will be tricky...good luck with that.

Yeah managed to rest them a bit and have them do 7 or 8 over bursts which was fine.....they could have had a little less stamina at the end I suppose......but I struggle to find a decent field and sometimes just forget to set a field :p Perhaps more focus would bring more maidens!

Last edited by a moderator:

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018

Fatigue is something that would be cool if it could be improved upon. Currently it seems quicks just lose a bit too much pace and carry but that's about it. I'd prefer if they lost accuracy as well.

Users who are viewing this thread