Ashes Cricket General Discussion

D

Deleted member 185125

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Bosh! Ali got Hazelwood bat pad with 8 overs to go. Was starting to sweat on that one! Hazelwood made 45 in the 1st innings so I was worried he was going to stick around.

Feel free to go back to chatting about patches and edges again. I actually have another sweet video of an edge of a defensive shot, I'll get it online soon.

I'm still enjoying the game. My PS4 time is limited so I play fairly sporadically. That test went nearly the full length game wise and took me almost a month to finish real time.

As I've said, everyone's line in the sand is different about what they can and can't tolerate. I still enjoy this game when I get a chance to play. Thanks to anyone using their time to try and make the game better, in whatever shape or form. People seem to have pretty strong opinions about quite a few things right now, hopefully that passion gets pulled together to push in the right direction.

Shouldn't imagine anyone will care, but my Ashes series is 2-2. I'll let you all know how the 5th test goes!

Well, that was soul destroying. To make sure I got a result, I made sure the 5th test had an uneven, grassy pitch with accelerated wear. Also, I've been incrementally turning the spin and seam settings up day on day so that batting gets harder and harder.

What a mockery the AI made of that.

IMG_4577.jpg

157 incredibly dull overs of the CPU just casually knocking off the highest successful run chase of all time, and the 2nd highest 4th inning score ever. Actually, 3rd highest as the AI already made 550 in the 4th innings earlier in the Ashes.

I've been very lenient with this game because no, it isn't perfect. Get a load of all these boundaries.

IMG_4578.jpg

So much nonsense off the final ball of a good over. All those 4s and ridiculous 6s. And absolutely nothing I could do to stop it. 2 edges in 942 balls off the seamers. The spinner was a complete waste of time as well.

So that's it. Australia win the Ashes 3-2, after about 3 months of play time. And that's how it ended. Not gonna lie, gonna struggle to have the desire to put this game back in my machine for a long, long time.

I've no issue losing. It's sport, if you don't lose it's pointless. But not like that. Especially after the AI collapsed to 246 in their 1st innings. Then on day 4 and 5 they're not playing a false stroke?!

Not having it.

[/rant]

D

Dutch

Well, that was soul destroying. To make sure I got a result, I made sure the 5th test had an uneven, grassy pitch with accelerated wear. Also, I've been incrementally turning the spin and seam settings up day on day so that batting gets harder and harder.

What a mockery the AI made of that.

IMG_4577.jpg

157 incredibly dull overs of the CPU just casually knocking off the highest successful run chase of all time, and the 2nd highest 4th inning score ever. Actually, 3rd highest as the AI already made 550 in the 4th innings earlier in the Ashes.

I've been very lenient with this game because no, it isn't perfect. Get a load of all these boundaries.

IMG_4578.jpg

So much nonsense off the final ball of a good over. All those 4s and ridiculous 6s. And absolutely nothing I could do to stop it. 2 edges in 942 balls off the seamers. The spinner was a complete waste of time as well.

So that's it. Australia win the Ashes 3-2, after about 3 months of play time. And that's how it ended. Not gonna lie, gonna struggle to have the desire to put this game back in my machine for a long, long time.

I've no issue losing. It's sport, if you don't lose it's pointless. But not like that. Especially after the AI collapsed to 246 in their 1st innings. Then on day 4 and 5 they're not playing a false stroke?!

Not having it.

[/rant]
You will have a different game when the patch comes out, i promise you!!!![DOUBLEPOST=1521234964][/DOUBLEPOST]
Now I can finally get rid off all the Huds and actually play on merit, watching the ball.
Yup! You certainly can!

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
@Dutch I see you scored lot of runs in last 3 overs with tail enders. Is it because you did not try big shots in the first 15 hours with top order batsman ?

D

Dutch

@Dutch I see you scored lot of runs in last 3 overs with tail enders. Is it because you did not try big shots in the first 15 hours with top order batsman ?
Biiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggg secret.......I turned batting down to easy to get a decent total :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm ...even then it wasn't straightforward!!!!!

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Biiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggg secret.......I turned batting down to easy to get a decent total :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm ...even then it wasn't straightforward!!!!!
:) Good to see its very difficult to bat now. Hope we can do better once we get used to timing (atleast in medium difficulty).

chaman82

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

Timing for easy and hard level is same or different now?
I mean the new late timing concept should b same across all difficulty with other factors contributing to the difficulty levels.

Also what about the shot power?
Currently on PS4 shot power decrease as we increase batting difficulty

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Do we see mentalities have an effect in the one day game? @Dutch

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@Dutch I think what me and @wasteyouryouth were saying still holds true with AI batting a tad too aggressively from the word go. I am not saying thats bad but when we bat we have to build which is how it should be, the AI should not be hitting a perfectly timed six too correct? What do you think?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@Dutch I think what me and @wasteyouryouth were saying still holds true with AI batting a tad too aggressively from the word go. I am not saying thats bad but when we bat we have to build which is how it should be, the AI should not be hitting a perfectly timed six too correct? What do you think?
It'd be nice to see the batting mentality reflected in terms of the batsman taking time to get their eye on. A Brute hitting from ball one makes sense. A Conservative batsman would take a little longer, 10-12 balls maybe, of nudging it before looking to launch.

It'd be interesting to see if the beta team could look at mixing up the AI with mentalities in the short game and see what the impact is or if they are noticeably different like @Langeveldt says.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Next maybe a women's cricket match? @Dutch

I dont see a lot of interest shown in women's cricket but I really like the variation in gameplay there as you have to adapt to situations , speed, small boundaries..Though would like to push boundaries back a bit more than now..

Users who are viewing this thread