Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Karachi

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am an old man now. Too tired to write a detailed comments. So I'll just wish Ross & BA Team all the best. One should appreciate what they have done with DBC-14 & 17 regardless of their shortcomings. Hope this game rectifies all the issues. Also hope to see great camera work & that the game would be lot more exciting both for the players and the virtual crowd.

issue

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Congrats @BigAntStudios , Making cricket fans happy.Truly it feels amazing to get new cricket game.Take my money for PS4 and PC as usual.

Exited to see Mo-Cap details,May be commentary also changed i guess.

Looking forward to ASHES 2017 [HASHTAG]#ASHES2017[/HASHTAG]

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Mat and Ross would u say that the academy will run the same how dbc ran if your aloud to say like how u can edit stats just a Huge stats Man

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Congrats on the big Ashes scoop BA.

I, like most people here, am more keen on the gameplay side than any licences, given how good the academy is. Nevertheless, having this branding (if done well) will no doubt help grow the game immensely, and this should roll over into the gameplay.

Seeing the batting motion capture is very promising. Without wanting to be too negative, I would say that DBC17 was a big step down from DBC14 in terms of batting, particularly in terms of the animations and the 360 aspect. The fact that the 360 batting is highlighted in the features is promising, although we'll see how it goes.

Bowling did get a massive improvement in DBC17 though. If we now have a few different bowling animations that'd take it a step further!

One thing I hope isn't an issue with the licencing is what some of the older games had, where it was hard to mix licensed and non-licensed teams. Was it Brian Lara 2005 or 2007 where it had licensed teams for the Champions Trophy? But outside of that tournament you had to play with a "Mitchell Clork" style knockoff?

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@BigAntStudios @MattW feeling excited but little apprehensive as well about the stats bug (career mode) in DBC17 which frustrated me. kindly confirm have your team found a way to resolve the issue?

Note: All these PR campaigns, screenshots, videos and news excites but if the stats bug is repeated it will be a big let off. Kindly respond.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Will it be the same as DBC17 with PC getting updates on Steam while the console users try to hide their jealousy?

gunit123

County Cricketer
The hype is real! Would love to learn more about the commentary in due course and also whether there will be a highly-desired scenario mode. I guess with the Ashes theme, that would be the icing on the cake.

I'd love to hear about any changes being made to the online mode also. An article mentioned about moving into the e-sports sector so will be interesting...

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wishlist:

-AI better at test batting (Ashes is all about tests after all)
-nicer looking backfoot shots (Maxwell mocap seems to confirm this)
-Licensed English stadiums
-Bumble on commentary :p:p:p
Add to it some sledging option Or verbal banters

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
New Balance bat for those looking for more licensed content

Users who are viewing this thread