Ashes Cricket General Discussion

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Dynamic lineups should include an element of nepotism so players with connections to the game like Imam ul Haq are picked over someone with merit like Fawad Alam....

I'm sorry, just a bit cheesed about that still. Carry on then.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Dynamic lineups should include an element of nepotism so players with connections to the game like Imam ul Haq are picked over someone with merit like Fawad Alam....

I'm sorry, just a bit cheesed about that still. Carry on then.

Haha yeah ... "My name is John Vince, England Chairman of selectors ..."

"Let me pass you through to Wayne Crane, media relations officer."

Last edited:

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
I know it's clearly not how these things work but I love the idea that there might have been 317,986 builds during the beta process

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I play offline multiplayer regularly and I'm not sure if this happens against AI.
When hit a ground shot straight to the point fielder and the slow motion catching circle comes, you cant make a direct hit at all or throw the ball immediately because the power meter doesn't work. So its always an easy single when hit to that fielder (it happens in all modes). If this is noticed and patched then all good otherwise please look into this in the coming patch.
I know its a bit late but can someone please confirm on the above.
Thanks.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
I don't know if this has been previously asked or not.How do you link the teams you have downloaded locally with the one in the career mode. My question is the kits do 'update' when I link them, but their lineups are not updating and its sticks to those random lineups by itself.

Nikhil Ajmera

School Cricketer
I don't know if this has been previously asked or not.How do you link the teams you have downloaded locally with the one in the career mode. My question is the kits do 'update' when I link them, but their lineups are not updating and its sticks to those random lineups by itself.
I have the same problem and it is very annoying !!![DOUBLEPOST=1523990191][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe this is a very small feature but i would it to be in the game.ie if as a batsman we could change to our cap and then to helmet mid innings for when the spinner and oacers come on respectively.
And if u r wearing a cap to a pacer and a bouncer hits ur head then ur confidence level goes down significantly.
Would love of this feature could be included.
Would add a small but a great realism to the game. Specially in the career mode.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
I have the same problem and it is very annoying !!![DOUBLEPOST=1523990191][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe this is a very small feature but i would it to be in the game.ie if as a batsman we could change to our cap and then to helmet mid innings for when the spinner and oacers come on respectively.
And if u r wearing a cap to a pacer and a bouncer hits ur head then ur confidence level goes down significantly.
Would love of this feature could be included.
Would add a small but a great realism to the game. Specially in the career mode.

ha this game is so far away from that sort of detail .

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
Hey guys, i bought a new pc. So I've reinstalled the game. Whilst I have a solid 60-80 fps, i get some stuttering now and then which is quite jarring.

I remember having this issue before, and there was a solution posted which helped. I believe it had something to do with tweaking nvidia settings.

Does anyone have the solution for stuttering?

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I play offline multiplayer regularly and I'm not sure if this happens against AI.
When hit a ground shot straight to the point fielder and the slow motion catching circle comes, you cant make a direct hit at all or throw the ball immediately because the power meter doesn't work. So its always an easy single when hit to that fielder (it happens in all modes). If this is noticed and patched then all good otherwise please look into this in the coming patch.
I know its a bit late but can someone please confirm on the above.
Thanks.

I play off-line multiplayer as well and we're simply not hearing anything about fielding really. You're right, while the catching circle comes to a fielder off a ground shot, it becomes an instant single, because you can't throw in quickly at all, let alone have the possibility of a direct hit.

In general, the fielding meter seems to have very little noticeable effect on throw-ins.

The bowler/keeper still mess about doing anything with the ball upon receiving it back.

There is no outfield catching really at all, you're a spectator really. I've said it before, DBC '14 had it a lot better. You'd push the stick in the direction the shot had come from once the ball was on the way down from whatever arc it had. This was taken away and watching inevitable catches brought in.

I don't mind the slow motion catches, they're actually something you have some form of control of.

From most of the feedback from beta, we're all going to be playing a lot of test matches against the AI, spending 6+ hours per game. Things like batting - IMPORTANT, bowling - ALMOST AS IMPORTANT, fielding - WHO CARES, DO WHATEVER BA, would be what anyone would reasonably suspect from what we've been told.

Users who are viewing this thread