Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
The current build is further refinement to features previously discussed.

The upcoming patch will include fixes and adjustments previously discussed by beta team members

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't know if this has been previously asked or not.How do you link the teams you have downloaded locally with the one in the career mode. My question is the kits do 'update' when I link them, but their lineups are not updating and its sticks to those random lineups by itself.

You can link the teams alright in Career mode. But you cannot set lineups for the team. Even if you do, they will end up selecting their own lineup. This is by design (they call it dynamic lineups afaik). I agree it's quite frustrating, but it is what it is.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Guys any news on the career mode skills randomly maxing out. Apologies for going on like a broken record. Any updates would be great.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Guys any news on the career mode skills randomly maxing out. Apologies for going on like a broken record. Any updates would be great.

I have no idea about that or any of the many, many bug-fixes required, but I'm 100% certain that a lot of work has gone into Test Match AI playing a good game.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
I have no idea about that or any of the many, many bug-fixes required, but I'm 100% certain that a lot of work has gone into Test Match AI playing a good game.
This skill maxing out issue is really making career mode useless. I know that they were working on it but there has been no update whether its sorted. Since there has been no response, now i am not very positive about it.

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
This skill maxing out issue is really making career mode useless. I know that they were working on it but there has been no update whether its sorted. Since there has been no response, now i am not very positive about it.

I think we need to stop taking everything that @WealeyH @Dutch and @Llewelynf say as complete confirmation that something has or hasn't been done. I believe that they mentioned there were other beta testers working on other aspects of the game (or at the very least other beta testers). There may well be things that they aren't aware of or not at liberty to say.

They've been very generous with telling us anything to be honest as they didn't have to put the extra effort in to post what they know on here.

The brutal truth of it all is we'll find out next week....

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I think we need to stop taking everything that @WealeyH @Dutch and @Llewelynf say as complete confirmation that something has or hasn't been done. I believe that they mentioned there were other beta testers working on other aspects of the game (or at the very least other beta testers). There may well be things that they aren't aware of or not at liberty to say.
What I'd just add here is to make the distinction of what the goal of the beta team is - they aren't testers in a bug tracking sense - that's at Big Ant's end and it's not something we could expect of them to be taking on as a task. They're involved to play the game and give feedback on how it plays, what the problems are, what needs fixing, etc.

So in other words, the focus of theirs on gameplay is not because the patch process is exclusively focused on gameplay, but because the focus of the beta group process largely is.

I will however mention that no, at this stage we've been unable to track down the underlying cause of that career mode skills issue, but work is still ongoing in to trying to find that out and resolve it.

Users who are viewing this thread