Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Well, if the patch isn't yet ready then they will have today to submit it potentially. Unless they work tomorrow.

I wasn't having a go at you, just wondered. It will be quite a cluster if it doesn't release on the 26th I could imagine.

Sony likes to release patches on a Wednesday I've noticed.

BAs original twitter post does not mention platform. I suspect it will release on Steam on the 26th and probably roll out on PS4 the following week. All you have to do is go back through the most recent patch thread. How short some people's memories are...

Those on PS4/XBOX getting excited for Thursday should bare this in mind.

Kass D

County Cricketer
I think we should wait and even if its cuple a days late, its fine. Afterall they are clearly working on a patch.
To be fair they did say they would release more info on the patch which never came our way..

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I think we should wait and even if its cuple a days late, its fine. Afterall they are clearly working on a patch.
To be fair they did say they would release more info on the patch which never came our way..

Apart from weeks worth of ‘unofficial’ information being released by the beta testers..

Kass D

County Cricketer
Apart from weeks worth of ‘unofficial’ information being released by the beta testers..

Am not looking for a argument but
a) post clearly suggested the info is going to come from BA.

B) hardly much info came from beta testers over last 3 weeks. Which is fine . They dont have to post anything.

Anyhow its all good. Just pointing out the obvious

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Am not looking for a argument but
a) post clearly suggested the info is going to come from BA.

B) hardly much info came from beta testers over last 3 weeks. Which is fine . They dont have to post anything.

Anyhow its all good. Just pointing out the obvious

Well if you’re going to ignore the fact that BA allowed beta testers to publically share feedback as part of the process, there isn’t much of an argument to be had. Especially when there isn’t much information to be shared outside of what bets testers have already shared.

There isn’t really a difference between BA saying “we’re working on XYZ” and beta testers saying “they’re working on XYZ”

Kass D

County Cricketer
Well if you’re going to ignore the fact that BA allowed beta testers to publically share feedback as part of the process, there isn’t much of an argument to be had. Especially when there isn’t much information to be shared outside of what bets testers have already shared.

There isn’t really a difference between BA saying “we’re working on XYZ” and beta testers saying “they’re working on XYZ”
Correct me if am wrong. But isn't it fair to assume BA knows what will be in the patch then beta team. Like many testers said before, there is no guarantee of some of the things in the beta biuld making it to actual patch.

Anyhow its all good, no need for us to get in to this too much. Lets hope for the best and whatever comes out of the patch will be better then nothing, we have BA and you the beta guys to thank for that. Cheers

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I assumed the 'more information' would be in the guise of patch notes and possible next steps AFTER the patch is released.

Like Snowy says, there's not much else to say until that point. They are hardly going to say "We plan on fixing XYZ a month out" and then not end up fixing Y or Z, because that would be a disaster for them.

Expect an extensive amount of "more information" on Thursday, along with the patch on at least 1 platform (probably at least PC) with other platforms as and when they get certified (see timings for previous Ashes patch).

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Correct me if am wrong. But isn't it fair to assume BA knows what will be in the patch then beta team. Like many testers said before, there is no guarantee of some of the things in the beta biuld making it to actual patch.

Anyhow its all good, no need for us to get in to this too much. Lets hope for the best and whatever comes out of the patch will be better then nothing, we have BA and you the beta guys to thank for that. Cheers

No, given they would eventually have to test a ‘final’ patch, that would not be a fair assumption at all

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
just checked ross twitter and he conformed there will be a patch on the 26 just in case you thought there will be a delay

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If not on Thursday I would be happy if it gets released on Friday evening/night for PS4. I have Kept my weekend free for this.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
along with the patch on at least 1 platform
I am going to go out on a limb in a completely "unofficial" capacity and say without a doubt all platforms on the 26th. You read it here first. ;)

"Make PC GREAT again!"

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Oh well that was a bit of a storm in a tea cup, people had me thinking then!

Phew thanks @Llewelynf !

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Oh well that was a bit of a storm in a tea cup, people had me thinking then!

Phew thanks @Llewelynf !
And that's how the negative vibes always start. People around here start off by saying I assume... I think... or I guess... and people jump on the bandwagon.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Oh so is it on 26th?!?! But I thought....Never mind...:p

Users who are viewing this thread