Ashes Cricket General Discussion

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
nobody knows but with the game 9 months down the line the suspicion is that the game is what it is.Personally having bought all 3 games with the third game at a beyond premium price I will think long and hard about dipping my hands into my wallet again.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
So whats the latest on the patch? They haven't given up on this game right?

There is no patch. Unless they are not using the beta team at all, which would be a disaster, so let's hope there's no patch.

There is a prospect of some DLC but I'm struggling to think of something that would make me want to buy it. The only thing I'm itching for is more of the beautiful licensed stadiums.

Last edited:

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
On the one hand it's cosmetic, but for me having a really authentic, atmospheric location to play in does really add something.

I'd love some more village type grounds and some really authentic club locations, a la Bradman Oval - still miss that one. Love being able to hit sixes into roads, back gardens, woods, confectionery stalls, municipal conveniences or whatever.

I'm still hoping schoolboy cricket might be added at some stage. Schoolboy career maybe - U15 level, mix of school games and club games. Try to get selected for state / county / national schoolboys and to get into the first team at your club.

rasdan

Club Captain
On the one hand it's cosmetic, but for me having a really authentic, atmospheric location to play in does really add something.

I'd love some more village type grounds and some really authentic club locations, a la Bradman Oval - still miss that one. Love being able to hit sixes into roads, back gardens, woods, confectionery stalls, municipal conveniences or whatever.

I'm still hoping schoolboy cricket might be added at some stage. Schoolboy career maybe - U15 level, mix of school games and club games. Try to get selected for state / county / national schoolboys and to get into the first team at your club.

yeah that would be nice,personally i would love to see better statistics introduced to resemble cricket captain in terms of averages displayed during a series or at the end for example

Flat_Track_Bully

School Cricketer

How about we fix the gameplay first before asking for a schoolboy cricket simulator.

Give me licensed stadiums and players. Thats what I want. This is what I need.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
They simply dont have the money for it but the stadium creator is simply not be good enough to fill the void.There is no real reason why that cant be improved to allow proper grounds to be made or allow other tools to be used to do this.

Rhone

County Cricketer
There is no patch. Unless they are not using the beta team at all, which would be a disaster, so let's hope there's no patch.

There is a prospect of some DLC but I'm struggling to think of something that would make me want to buy it. The only thing I'm itching for is more of the beautiful licenced stadiums.

In the spirit of wild speculation, what possible DLC could they release? The only thing I can think of would be a World Cup dlc...or maybe a 'Hundred' DLC?! ;p

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don’t know, my gut is telling me that’s that for this Ashes game.......

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does your gut say something about a "new" cricket game?

For the record, I share the same notion. However, if there indeed happens to a new cricket game, I doubt it would make it to the PC platform.

D

Dutch

I dont think we will see anything more for this game. There has been no beta proces since way before the summer (northern hemisphere). But that doesnt mean they are not working on something for this game but I dont think so.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does your gut say something about a "new" cricket game?

For the record, I share the same notion. However, if there indeed happens to a new cricket game, I doubt it would make it to the PC platform.

Well with the Ashes and World Cup next year you would think its highly likely a new game will be coming out :)

Why not on PC, did it not sell on that platform well this time around?

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why not on PC, did it not sell on that platform well this time around?
Well, I seem to recall BigAnt consistently making it clear that PC is not a platform that earns them the revenue (when compared to Consoles) and the only reason we had them on PC was due to Ross's commitment to the platform. And with Ashes Cricket, I think that commitment has been long fulfilled. Don't get me wrong. I would love nothing more than a PC release, but I find the possibility very bleak.

Users who are viewing this thread