Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
There were major issues with Dbc17 that were never resolved. Stats and bat/pad smash spring to mind.

It's a shame that the patch cycle of dbc17 and Ashes were so similar. Heavily bugged launch versions meant that pretty much all of the subsequent patches focused of fixing basic issues rather than polishing and refining things like AI, stats and field placements.

Buying Ashes felt like buying a game in early access beta. It was months before it was playable for me. It's decent now but could be so much better with a bit of TLC. Sadly I think that's it though. There is no money to be made in patching a year old game.

Serious question. If BA announced Ashes Cricket 2 on Monday, would you guys buy it? I really don't think I would after Ashes. Not for 50 quid anyway.

Not a hope in hell I'm buying anything from BigAnt for a while. Two games in a row now they've just abandoned with some fundamental issues still present after what was a slow patch cycle in the first place. It would almost be bearable if they would at least come out from hiding and talk to us like they used to. It seems though they've thrown the baby out with the bathwater in that regard. At the end of the day though, it seems the trust is gone both ways. It's a pity too, BigAnt showed so much promise initially.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi

I know that this is the sort of thing that'll get me shot down for not having read every post in every thread but...

... as somebody who hasn't played for a while but has updated with the latest patch on PS4...

... if I start a career, is it likely to work fine or after a few years once I start getting global contracts will my stats randomly max out rendering all my efforts pointless or has that been fixed?

Many thanks

In my current career mode my stats haven’t maxed out after latest patch , 5 years in still no random max out , think in patch notes it was meant to be fixed .....

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
There were major issues with Dbc17 that were never resolved. Stats and bat/pad smash spring to mind.

It's a shame that the patch cycle of dbc17 and Ashes were so similar. Heavily bugged launch versions meant that pretty much all of the subsequent patches focused of fixing basic issues rather than polishing and refining things like AI, stats and field placements.

Buying Ashes felt like buying a game in early access beta. It was months before it was playable for me. It's decent now but could be so much better with a bit of TLC. Sadly I think that's it though. There is no money to be made in patching a year old game.

Serious question. If BA announced Ashes Cricket 2 on Monday, would you guys buy it? I really don't think I would after Ashes. Not for 50 quid anyway.

Actually, the launch version was one of the best versions of the game. the problem was they butchered it 2 days after launch for some baffling unknown reason and refused to roll back.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
In my current career mode my stats haven’t maxed out after latest patch , 5 years in still no random max out , think in patch notes it was meant to be fixed .....

Thanks.

I meant skills not stats but I assume we’re on the same page.

I might kick off another career and see what happens. Previously not long after getting global gigs my skills just shot up from around 70 to 99!

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
My only complaint is that i can't see my player's age in Career Mode. I also can't change franchise teams, which is annoying. But I've loved the game for the relatively short time I've had it.

Rhone

International Cricketer
My only complaint is that i can't see my player's age in Career Mode. I also can't change franchise teams, which is annoying. But I've loved the game for the relatively short time I've had it.

I think you can. When you view your line-up you use LT and RT to cycle through your players (and your teammates) skills. Players age is shown on one of these. Try it.

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
I think you can. When you view your line-up you use LT and RT to cycle through your players (and your teammates) skills. Players age is shown on one of these. Try it.
I will. But i still think its a bit of a flaw on easy accessibility.

Mrakh

School Cricketer
Opinions wanted:
Do the DRS for LBW make the player further outside off than they really were, or am I just visually challenged?

Could honestly be either but I have sent up some shocking referrals, as in, 7th stump and struck on the thigh pad bad.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Opinions wanted:
Do the DRS for LBW make the player further outside off than they really were, or am I just visually challenged?

Could honestly be either but I have sent up some shocking referrals, as in, 7th stump and struck on the thigh pad bad.
I think it's a combination of batsman guard being quite central and large front foot movement meaning they frequently get outside off stump.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Without going back and checking it always looks to me like the default guard in the game is middle and off. I have to back way off to get to my normal irl guard.

I've seen plenty of players standing that far over on tv in the last 10 years, though. Never used to happen but I think it's a modern thing. Completely different to somebody like Graham Gooch, with a leg stick guard where none of the stumps is completely obscured.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
What
Without going back and checking it always looks to me like the default guard in the game is middle and off. I have to back way off to get to my normal irl guard.

I've seen plenty of players standing that far over on tv in the last 10 years, though. Never used to happen but I think it's a modern thing. Completely different to somebody like Graham Gooch, with a leg stick guard where none of the stumps is completely obscured.

What is everybody's prefered guard to take , as I'm getting out LBW a lot when moving footwork stick to about 1 o'clock and ball seams / swings back in to me ?

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
I don't really know how moving your guard affects footwork / outcome in those sorts of cases. I'd have to run some tests trying to play identical deliveries with different guards.

Are you getting out lbw on the drive? If so, maybe you might want to think about defending anything within seaming distance of off stick.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
I don't really know how moving your guard affects footwork / outcome in those sorts of cases. I'd have to run some tests trying to play identical deliveries with different guards.

Are you getting out lbw on the drive? If so, maybe you might want to think about defending anything within seaming distance of off stick.

I'm getting out defending where the front foot goes across rather than straight down the pitch , it is a funny animation , almost as tough it was pre determined , i try to drive most straight green delieveries now , works ok , except occasional caught behind or superhuman caught and bowled , I'm on hard difficulty , career mode

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Ok, in beta GrK and I both think there are some occasional weird results with the front foot sliding across sometimes but we haven't got a good idea about what causes it. Sometimes the left stick and footwork don't quite seem to match up.

How often is it happening for you?

Users who are viewing this thread