zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi all,

The other thread can be used to report the bugs so that developers can have a look at them. Instead of flooding that thread with comments, use this thread instead.

PS: Comment about bugs only if you have played the game to avoid confusion.

AliKhan215

Club Captain
I suspect the thread will be deleted when Matt gets online. It really should follow the sane bug reporting approach as previous titles. That way we avoid unnecessary fluff

I appreciate the sentiment of @AliKhan215 , he is trying to make the game a better one, but yes, it would be easier if we had any potential issues reported in uniform fashion.

Oh, it will be deleted? Did I do something wrong? :/ How are we supposed to report them?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh, it will be deleted? Did I do something wrong? :/ How are we supposed to report them?

It's not a matter of doing anything wrong, I tried to carefully post that I appreciate the feedback, and I do.

There would be a standard bug report template that someone will grab from the previous.

As to the thread/posts remaining, that's nothing to do with Big Ant.

AliKhan215

Club Captain
It's not a matter of doing anything wrong, I tried to carefully post that I appreciate the feedback, and I do.

There would be a standard bug report template that someone will grab from the previous.

As to the thread/posts remaining, that's nothing to do with Big Ant.
Cool.

Yeah I get your point mate, i remember that DBC 17 thread myself. A lot of stuff got fixed in the offline mode of DBC 17 while the online mode was ignored (on some points) and some of the issues have continued from DBC 17 (With a lot of them fixed too).

Okay, here’s an idea @MattW If we are going to delete my thread and make bugs report in the same fashion as DBC 17, can we make a seperate one for online mode? That way, it will be easier for Ross to see and the online mode will not get ignored in SOME points where the offline was patched. Otherwise, we can just keep my thread, and i’ll keep updating the post with full honesty. You can delete anyone else commenting on it with unecessary rude behaviour.

I started this thread thinking about online only. Because we are som hardcore fans who will keep playing this game till @BigAntStudios announce another title in future.

AliKhan215

Club Captain
Hey everyone!

After playing the game, I felt there was a huge improvement and an upgrade from the previous titles by Bigant. The game is made very well, and deserves appreciation all around.

Although having a lot of positives, as usual like all games in the world, some bugs were identified in the online mode. Note, this is not to bring the game down, but to make it even better than it already is. I know the game is officially not released, but this is still a good way to get things fixed ASAP. So, after discussing with my friends(Online matchup group) We’ve made a list for improvement purposes. And please note, we are experienced active members of DBC 14/17 since 2014 and won’t speak any nonsense neither try to bring the game down. We were the one who got a lot of stuff fixed for DBC 14 and 17 as well (Online mode).

I made this list, I will add more stuff if I find.

• When batsman cancels a run after taking the first one, he gets stuck in the crease when in middle of pitch instead of running back
  • When you play and miss a shot(Against a pacer) with the stance slightly outside the crease, you cant sometimes get back(You get stuck in the crease) when ball beats you which results keeper throwing the ball at stumps for a stumping
  • SelfCreated players are still shown as ”Censored”
  • Batsman running in clircle automatically when missing the ball. Sometimes the nonstriker does this as well.
I will give this game a rating of 9.5/10. The 0.5 is only the stuff I mentioned or will mention in this thread. I would personally recommend everyone to buy this, totally worth the money!! Easily is the best cricket game ever made from my and my group’s experience. Keep up the great work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use the following format to report bugs:

Game Mode: Casual/Training/Online/Career/Tour/Competition/Academy etc.
Match Type: if applicable - Five5/T20/ODI - etc..
Teams used: (if applicable - please note which teams were in the game you were playing, and whether they were downloaded)
Ground: (if applicable - please mention the stadium the match was in)
Over Count: (if applicable - the point in the match where the error occurred)
Issue (one line description): ....
Bug description (detail): .....

Okay, just realized my post was edited with this setting at the end. Should I re-write all of that stuff one by one again, or should I let that be and use that option for future :) sorry for disturbance - Just want to make things easier for you :) @BigAntStudios

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can we please have a thread for offline bugs as well?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Okay, here’s an idea @MattW If we are going to delete my thread and make bugs report in the same fashion as DBC 17, can we make a seperate one for online mode? That way, it will be easier for Ross to see and the online mode will not get ignored in SOME points where the offline was patched. Otherwise, we can just keep my thread, and i’ll keep updating the post with full honesty. You can delete anyone else commenting on it with unecessary rude behaviour.
One thread is sufficient for all reports, just clearly fill out the form tagging an issue as online. You could have a separate thread for discussing online play in general - but having all bug reports in a single discussion free thread is the easiest to manage and track.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Game Mode: Ashes series
Match Type: Test Match
Teams used: Eng/Aus (Licenced)
Ground: Gabba
Over Count: Any
Issue: Ben Foakes
Bug description: Why is it ben foakes not stokes

I just have one question, do you have the game yet? How are you posting bugs if you do not? Also what @Villain mentioned. If you do not have the game do not post bugs until you have it yourself. Not based on some youtube video. Dont post just for posting things understand the implications it has.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Because it's Ben Foakes(Wicketkeeper) not Ben Stokes.
hahahaha im so dumb no idea who the lad was lol[DOUBLEPOST=1510464904][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just have one question, do you have the game yet? How are you posting bugs if you do not? Also what @Villain mentioned. If you do not have the game do not post bugs until you have it yourself. Not based on some youtube video. Dont post just for posting things understand the implications it has.
sorry mate and I kinda can because that the game i'm seeing is the game i cant get the game to someone in Australia releases it

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
hahahaha im so dumb no idea who the lad was lol[DOUBLEPOST=1510464904][/DOUBLEPOST]
sorry mate and I kinda can because that the game i'm seeing is the game i cant get the game to someone in Australia releases it
No you cannot, Ross will block you and ignore you just like he did to folks during DBC 17 when they started posting bugs based on youtube video. So just because you have the liberty here to post what you want, you cannot post bugs until you have the game. Correct me if I am wrong @MattW

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
No you cannot, Ross will block you and ignore you just like he did to folks during DBC 17 when they started posting bugs based on youtube video. So just because you have the liberty here to post what you want, you cannot post bugs until you have the game. Correct me if I am wrong @MattW
It was a misconfussion

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
As is mentioned in the first post of that thread, Please only post bugs if you have personally experienced them, do not post things you have seen in videos from other users.

Because even if the concept of Ben Foakes was a bug, you don't know if the person playing the game went into the academy and created that player and put them in the lineup, you didn't know the version number of the game and didn't list the platform. And in other cases, there's things like difficulty level, the inputs made and settings chosen that are not obvious from a video that are factors in why something has happened.

In short, it is not helpful and at worst misleading to post a report based on anything other than the first hand experience.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Spot on - I'll be blocking/ignoring anyone that posts a bug as if they have played the game if they have not, especially if it's from a Youtube video.

I'll be asking that BA staff do the same, their time is a precious resource and I will not have it wasted.

Users who are viewing this thread