Ashes Cricket : Players Rating

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Here you can discuss about players ratings of Ashes Cricket... Below I wrote about all rating column available in the game... Hope we can find best ratings through this thread...

Players Mentality...
  • Conservative : (Batting) Tends to play along the ground and defensively, only looking for safe option in the field. (Bowling) Bowls very safe, attempting to force a mistake from the batsman with little variety.
  • Precise : (Batting) Aims to find gaps in the field and will usually play defensively when no gap presents itself. (Bowling) Aims for line and length deliveries, using slight variation to tempt the batsman into rash shots.
  • Balanced : (Batting & Bowing) A balance between aggressive and conservative styles.
  • Aggressive : (Batting) More likely to play attacking and lofted shots, trying to score runs quickly. (Bowling) Willing to concede runs in order to trouble the batsman.
  • Brute : (Batting) More likely to play attacking, lofted shots trying to maintain a high scoring rate. (Bowling) More likely to bowl deliveries that force the batsman to play at the ball.
Technically Ability... (Max - 100 & Total 480 points to spend)
  • Judgement : A higher judgement ability determine the player's ability to pick up on the line or length of a delivery, the direction the ball is moving, or how a batsman is likely to react to their next delivery.
  • Agility : Players with higher agility will get moving faster, such as when setting off for a run or when getting to the ball in the field.
  • Cardio Fitness : A higher cardio fitness ability improves a player's aerobic fitness, allowing them to more effectively run longer distance. This will allow batsman to bat for longer and allow bowlers to bowl longer spells.
  • Muscle Fitness : A higher muscle fitness ability improves a player's anaerobic fitness, allowing them to more effectively sprint short distance. This will dictate the sprint length for batsman and allow bowlers to recover quicker from shorter bowling spells.
  • Run Speed : A higher run speed ability will determine the player's top run speed.
  • Strength : A higher strength ability will determine the player's physical strength.
Batting Ratings... (Batsman & WK Max - 100 / Batting AR Max - 92 / AR Max - 85 / Bowling AR Max - 80 / Bowler Max - 65)
  • Footwork : A higher footwork skill will allow the batsman to better position themselves in the crease to best play a shot.
  • Control : A batsman with a higher control skill will be able to better keep their intend shot trajectory. Improved control would allow a batsman to keep the ball along the ground, or clear a fielder with lofted shot.
  • Attacking : A higher attacking skill allows the batsman to more effectively play attacking shots.
  • Defending : A higher defending skill will allow the batsman to better execute defensive shots.
  • Drive : The drive shot is a straight-batted shot hitting the ball in front of the batsman. The drive can be played off both the front and back foot. However back foot shoots may not travel as far.
  • Cut :
  • Hook/Pull :
  • Glance :
  • Sweep :
  • Special shots :
Seam Bowler Ratings... (Batsman Max - 50 / WK Max - 44 / Batting AR Max - 78 / AR Max - 86 / Bowling AR Max - 92 & 93 / Bowler Max - 100)
  • Bowling Speed :
  • Swing :
  • Seam :
  • Accuracy :
  • Stock Ball :
  • Yorker :
  • Slower Ball :
  • Bouncer :
Wrist & Finger Spinner Ratings... (Batsman Max - 50 / WK Max - 44 / Batting AR Max - 78 / AR Max - 86 / Bowling AR Max - 92 & 93 / Bowler Max - 100)
  • Flight :
  • Turn :
  • Bounce :
  • Accuracy :
  • Leg Break :
  • Off Break :
  • Slider :
  • Arm Ball :
  • Top Spinner :
  • Special Delivery :
Fielding Ratings... (Keeping Rating for Batsman Max - 50 / Rest Max - 100 / AR Max - 90)
  • Wicket-Keeping :
  • Back (WK) :
  • Up (WK) :
  • Slips :
  • Close :
  • Infield :
  • Outfield :
  • Catching :
  • Reflex Catching :
  • Throw Accuracy :
  • Throw Strength :
  • Ground Fielding :

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 185125

The OP is brilliant.
@jaffar100, do you have any spreadshetvor methodology you can share on how you skill players?

I remember waste had a calculation method on skilling players. @wasteyouryouth , Have you worked on based on the new patch?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The OP is brilliant.
@jaffar100, do you have any spreadshetvor methodology you can share on how you skill players?

I remember waste had a calculation method on skilling players. @wasteyouryouth , Have you worked on based on the new patch?
I've been testing it with some updated calculations. I did share New Zealand and England players, although I have subsequently altered them but not shared that yet.

D

Deleted member 185125

I've been testing it with some updated calculations. I did share New Zealand and England players, although I have subsequently altered them but not shared that yet.
I did try your NZ team. But the India I used was the older one. I suppose the desired results will only be obtained when both teams are skilled in the same manner.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I did try your NZ team. But the India I used was the older one. I suppose the desired results will only be obtained when both teams are skilled in the same manner.
I was gonna do a few more players for other teams, just as a trial. People can give them a go and feedback. If they suck they can download the original @Llewelynf versions.

D

Deleted member 185125

I was gonna do a few more players for other teams, just as a trial. People can give them a go and feedback. If they suck they can download the original @Llewelynf versions.
Please do post when you have shared new teams. I will give then them a go. Btw are these based on test matches or on limited overs as well?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Please do post when you have shared new teams. I will give then them a go. Btw are these based on test matches or on limited overs as well?
So the ratings are arrived at by combination of averages and strike rates for First Class and List A cricket and an element that is based on personal opinion.

They will score x points for the average in both formats and then x points again for the opinion on both formats, The total points are averaged to give a rating. So say a batsman gets an 80 rating - I set all batting attributes to 80, then adjust up or down depending on knowledge or perhaps based on mentality, so might increase defensive shots for a conservative batsman.

The same with bowling - although I do weight that so the top half (speed/swing/turn/accuracy etc) is higher than the bottom.

The batting mentalities are just an average of strike rates.

For now the other attributes I've set at 50; apart from judgement which I set as the batting rating (I'm not sure how much influence it has on either batting or bowling in the actual game), strength 70 or 80, and the fitness attributes at 80.

So it's a combination of opinion and stats to allow some balance. Ideally it would be good to add more people to give opinions so that it based on more than just me. It would be easy enough to do.

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The OP is brilliant.

I do not have any methodology as such,
what I do is I go by domestic team wise and select each player and reduce their each batting skill by 10 points and increase their each bowling skill by 10 points.
It’s a manual and lengthy way of doing it , but one time setup .
I am waiting for @Llewelynf and @wasteyouryouth to update their latest teams so that I don’t have to repeat it.

For time being you can try for 1-3 teams and check it out , it will just take 30mins of your time.

D

Deleted member 185125

I do not have any methodology as such,
what I do is I go by domestic team wise and select each player and reduce their each batting skill by 10 points and increase their each bowling skill by 10 points.
It’s a manual and lengthy way of doing it , but one time setup .
I am waiting for @Llewelynf and @wasteyouryouth to update their latest teams so that I don’t have to repeat it.

For time being you can try for 1-3 teams and check it out , it will just take 30mins of your time.
I feel after the new patch, bowlers need to be skilled higher than batsman to balance. Skilling the domestic team at 50s might also give a realistic score while simulating, I guess.
It would be good to start at finding out what makes difference and what impacts the most. Let me know if you want me to try something from my end. Happy to help.

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Thank You @Mohammed Sherry as of now nothing to test out from my end. Will tell you if anything.
Which mode you usually play , I play career mode.

Users who are viewing this thread