Ashes Cricket Trailer!

chaman82

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Reading the above comments on VR would like to know how many have actually tried any VR game?.

I play daily on psvr and let me tell u it's a game changer.
Dirt rally VR being a favourite and many more.

Yes big ant for now needs to focus on all basic gameplay etc. , But will like to have a VR patch may b a DLC .

I play dbc14 pro cam on PSVR in VR cinema mode and it's way better than a flat screen TV.
So may b dbc14 VR patch :).

There's definitely a opportunity here .

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
There's simply not the demand from the general public for VR at the moment let alone for a cricket game. There's a minuscule adoption rate by developers and consumers alike that consider VR worth the investment.

Couldn't agree more and it will go the same way as 3D. It's way too expensive and when I tried it I couldn't play for more than 30 mins without getting a head-ache. Majority of gaming fans are casual fans and I doubt a huge number of those will invest in an expensive technology. Most folks play games for fun - to sit down on the couch and relax. VR doesn't go along with that basic principle.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
VR moves in 10-15 year cycles: it's proclaimed the new new thing, people lose a lot of money, it falls away, tech advances a lot until it again becomes the new new thing, then people lose a lot more money. been happening since the 70s.

Bottom line is people don't generally want to look like twats, even in the comfort and privacy of their own home, and wearing a headset and groping thin air makes that unavoidable.

grkrama

National Board President
VR moves in 10-15 year cycles: it's proclaimed the new new thing, people lose a lot of money, it falls away, tech advances a lot until it again becomes the new new thing, then people lose a lot more money. been happening since the 70s.

Bottom line is people don't generally want to look like twats, even in the comfort and privacy of their own home, and wearing a headset and groping thin air makes that unavoidable.

VR is going to be the in between transition tech that fades of

Ar and mixed reality look promising though with hololens

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Always reminds me of the scene in Running Man where Sharon Stone is serving against the hologram.
One day in the future it may be possible for people who love the sport, more so than the people who can actually play the game at test level, but don't have the ability, to have a simulated experience where if you can't react quick enough to be "insert favourite player here" it can be slowed down enough but in the same time be exactly as quick as a test bowler so as you don't have time to react.

chaman82

County Cricketer

Off topic but
I don't think majority here has tried VR. That's the problem with VR. Until u give it a fair chance.
And yes the initial investment
" it's expensive"
That's doesn't mean it's bad or not worth it.

Last edited:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Off topic but
I don't think majority here has tried VR. That's the problem with VR. Until u give it a fair chance.

I have. It looks good for a short while but I wouldn't want to use it for long. It will go the 3D way - nice gimmick but no thanks. Another downside is that most of the times when you are playing a game, there are things going on the side. you are talking to your family, chatting or you are playing with your friends or something's happening in the background. VR simply doesn't allow such interactions to occur as the person with the VR set is isolated from others.

As an example when I played PSVR for the first time, everyone took turns wearing the VR headset and playing the game but others were not as immersed in the experience. After a few turns we moved on and ended up playing FIFA and enjoyed much more. When I compare this experience to when we tried Wii for the first time nearly a decade back, it was a totally different experience. It was fun, immersive and everyone was engaged as even the folks who were not holding the Wii controllers were part of the action. Main reason was that the guy with the VR headset was not in a cocoon on his/her own. This lack of social aspect/angle is what will kill off VR. You don't want to be on your own in a basement isolated from others on your VR headset.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
if we had the skills and stamina to bat all day against international bowlers we wouldn't be sat in our offices posting on here!

Speak for your own "stamina" ;)

grkrama

National Board President
Off topic but
I don't think majority here has tried VR.

Which is exactly the point i as a game developer wont be making games when majority dont have it. Even as a mode it wouldnt justify resources which could be used for giving some other update that everyone can have.

Users who are viewing this thread