Associate Tournaments (I-Cup and WCL Championship 2015-2016/7)

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hong Kong qualified last time, didn't they? They were knocked out in the stupid "first round" so lots of people didn't realise that they were there

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Irfan Ahmed looks good. Sad, he missed a century.

Anyone for WC T20 QFs XI.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Well, it depends a bit on the next couple of games, but my XI would be:

:afg: :wkb: Mohammad Shahzad - Played some of the most exciting innings in the tournament; may have ended Mark Watt's Scotland career.
:nam: :bat: Stephan Baard - Despite being a little ungainly at times, he has scored an absolute boatload of runs for his country.
:hkg: :ar: Irfan Ahmed - Hit the highest score of the tournament, and registered genuine pace with the ball.
:oma: :bat: Jatinder Singh - A calm head who rotates the strike better than anyone else in the tournament. The anchor amongst hitters.
:sco: :bat: Preston Mommsen (c) - Hasn't had to bat much, but when he has he's been excellent, particularly against the all-star Afghan bowling.
:oma: :ar: Zeeshan Maqsood - A destructive left-hander and a useful second spin option, one of the Oman players who has played an important role.
:sco: :wk: Matt Cross (wk) - A superb gloveman in the format where taking chances is all-important. Has also broken his batting shackles.
:ire: :ar: John Mooney - Despite constant questions being asked of his place, he's kept taking wickets - including a hat-trick against Jersey.
:hkg: :bwl: Haseeb Amjad - At times, he out-yorkered Hamid Hassan. Played a crucial part in taking Hong Kong to India.
:sco: :bwl: Alasdair Evans - Found a nagging length that was difficult enough to hit, and took lots of wickets as a result.
:nam: :bwl: Bernard Scholtz - Was simply unplayable for most of the tournament. His first over against the Dutch was world class.
:hkg: --- Kinchit Shah (12th Man) - Took possibly the catch of the tournament in a vital game for his country.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
So the final and 3rd place play-off abandoned. Is there any reserve day?

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
I am quite impressed by Scholtz especially during THAT over. First two balls he got wickets on were actually lose deliveries but what followed was top class. It was sad to see them lose against Oman. That were some scenes.

Aislabie

Ireland
It's a great achievement for Oman, who were one of the seven qualifiers who had to qualify for the Qualifier through regional qualifiers to become one of the six qualifiers to qualify for the Super 10 qualifier, as well as qualifying for the next Qualifier in 2019.

Aislabie

Ireland
A fantastic game in Ayr today, where a buoyant Scotland took on a recently-decimated Nepal in a rain-reduced 36-over WCL Championship match.

Two tight spells of spin kept Scotland down to 235 from their quota of overs, after looking for some time as if they would score far far more. In reply, excellent aggressive innings from Anil Mandal and Paras Khadka saw Nepal almost to the line, only for Gavin Main's fantastic death over to put the target out of reach for them. Notably, Mahesh Chhetri has finally been re-called after the embarrassing efforts of Subash Khakurel and Binod Bhandari in front of the stumps in recent times. Not that Chhetri was any better in this game.

Abhil

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Ireland in my view should be granted test status by ICC.They are capable of playing against test nations. Eoin Morgan once played for Ireland.

Aislabie

Ireland
Ireland in my view should be granted test status by ICC
A not unreasonable view.

An Ireland-West Indies-Zimbabwe Test tri-series would be pretty interesting at the moment, especially looking at Ed Joyce's form.

PokerAce

Banned
A not unreasonable view.

An Ireland-West Indies-Zimbabwe Test tri-series would be pretty interesting at the moment, especially looking at Ed Joyce's form.

We can add Afghanistan to the mix ... they have just beaten Zimbabwe in Zimbabwe in an ODI series and lead them 1-0 in the ongoing one Sharjah.

Incidentally in the ODI ranking table both Ireland (11) and Afghanistan (10) are ahead of Zimbabwe (12).

I would still expect WI to win this, as they are still a reasonably okay side in ODIs, but I think both Afghanistan and Ireland would finish ahead of Zimbabwe.

Aislabie

Ireland
Afghanistan are a formidable white-ball side, but don't yet have the discipline to challenge those three sides over five days. Not quite.

GoodEnough

School Cricketer
Ireland in my view should be granted test status by ICC.They are capable of playing against test nations. Eoin Morgan once played for Ireland.

no you not get test status but yes zimbabwe should lable odi and test status should removes.ireland need to wait 2 years. They need to send their promising team to , 2 test playing countries, and plays mulipal day games their.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i agree that ireland should not have test status

that's because the entire idea of "test status" is stupid and should be abolished

e: slightly more seriously: its interesting how Ireland seem to have declined in White Ball cricket since they've been lead down the path of this potential one test series against Zimbabwe by the ICC. They're still clearly the best four day team, but Afghanistan and perhaps even the Netherlands and Scotland have passed them in white ball stuff. I know that I'm saying that after Scotland have embarrassed themselves in India slightly, but I think that's mostly a lack of experience in playing outside Europe which is something that Ireland have done slightly more.

Users who are viewing this thread