Australia: Fool Me Once.. (Playthrough)

ethxncricket

School Cricketer
1st of April 2020, an emergency Cricket Australia press conference has been called at 4:12pm after a day full of whispers and rumblings all over Twitter. The press conference begins as Cricket Australia CEO, Kevin Roberts and Chairman Earl Eddings sit in front of the Cricket Australia backdrop before finally announcing that, after further investigations over the course of two years, they are deeply hurt to have to announce the permanent suspensions from international cricket of ALL players from the Test squad of the Australian tour of South Africa in 2017-2018.

News that would change the cricketing world forever. Can Australia come back to its former glory or will it forever be stuck in the overwhelming shadow of that day in Cape Town?

Having played A LOT of CC, I wanted a way to change this up for myself so I decided that this 'alternate history' save would be just the thing to be able to stay playing Australia, whilst having difficulty. Full credit for the idea of posting here comes from @ddrap14 and @Aislabie!

Should be fun!

ethxncricket

School Cricketer
The full list of banned players (essentially players that I can't use during the save) is here:

Steve Smith
David Warner
Cameron Bancroft
Pat Cummins
Peter Handscomb
Josh Hazlewood
Jon Holland
Usman Khawaja
Nathan Lyon
Mitchell Marsh
Shaun Marsh
Tim Paine
Jhye Richardson
Chadd Sayers
Mitchell Starc

ethxncricket

School Cricketer
The list of caps will be provided here in all three formats! (idea taken from ddrap14 again, but it's such a good one)
Test
Cap
No
RecipientODI
Cap
No
RecipientT20
Cap
No
Recipient

ethxncricket

School Cricketer
Australian Test Tour of Bangladesh 2020

First series since the bans. Australian cricket in shambles right now. So many spots in contention, new captain needed as well. Welp, here we go.

18-Man Test Squad Selections:
:bat: Marcus Harris
:bat: Travis Head :c:
:bat: Marnus Labuschagne
:bat: Nic Maddinson
:bat: Kurtis Patterson
:bat: Will Pucovski :redo:

:wk: Alex Carey :redo:
:wk: Josh Philippe :redo:

:ar: Cameron Green :redo:
:ar: Glenn Maxwell
:ar: Marcus Stoinis :redo:

:bwl: Sean Abbott :redo:
:bwl: Ashton Agar
:bwl: Wes Agar :redo:
:bwl: Jason Behrendorf :redo:
:bwl: Matt Kelly :redo:
:bwl: James Pattinson
:bwl: Adam Zampa :redo:

This initial squad looks extremely inexperienced, yet full of youth and talent. Travis Head selected as captain with his experience not only within the Test side, but also with experience in captaining the South Australian squad. Batting looks stronger than the bowling however, with some very weird picks like Jason Behrendorf, Matt Kelly and Adam Zampa, all yet to really 'prove' themselves within the domestic first-class scene. The explaination seems to be due to Behrendorf and Zampa's international experience within other formats, but Kelly seems to just be a selection off of something the selectors have seen in him.

It will be interesting to see how this squad performs against a side who are 'supposed' to be weaker, Zimbabwe.

EDIT: Also note, Matthew Wade and Michael Neser are injured.

Last edited:

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Will be interesting. Luckily you have Puco and Green, and a few really talented LO players, who are a good starting lineup. Surprised Hilt Cartwright didn't get a 'welcome home' tour.

Good luck! As an Aussie I hope this ends well

Edit: I'm also particularily interested in Kurtis Patterson. He has a 144 average in my CC19 copy but I never picked him (in addition to having all the regulars I got two proper world class batsmen in the first year as regens).

Edit 2: :ar: may be the symbol you're looking for

Last edited:

ethxncricket

School Cricketer
Will be interesting. Luckily you have Puco and Green, and a few really talented LO players, who are a good starting lineup. Surprised Hilt Cartwright didn't get a 'welcome home' tour.

Good luck! As an Aussie I hope this ends well

Edit: I'm also particularily interested in Kurtis Patterson. He has a 144 average in my CC19 copy but I never picked him (in addition to having all the regulars I got two proper world class batsmen in the first year as regens).
Hilton Cartwright was on my mind but it was between him and Stoinis for the spot of a 'back-up' true all-rounder so I decided to back in Stoinis. Cartwright is definitely a good shout if he can show form in the Shield.

EDIT: You'd be correct about that symbol haha, thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread