NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
What happened to James Faulkner? Why is he out of reckoning and commentating? He is just 27 years old so has a lot of cricket left in him.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What happened to James Faulkner? Why is he out of reckoning and commentating? He is just 27 years old so has a lot of cricket left in him.
I was also wondering about that as well. He is a very useful bowler with his variations and hits big as well. Wonder why no one picked him up in the IPL and other T20 leagues.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Adding a little bit to Aussies Trio Ban debate, It was hilarious to see the remarks from a couple of Indian experts, Mainly Kaif and Harsha Bhogle. All they had to add was a hope that in the forthcoming India's tour to Australia India would be having greater chances to win as these three cornerstones won't be there in the squad... LOL... This actually recalls Australia's dominant decade period that how brutally they have defeated every other team in their home grounds particularly Sub-continent ones.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Adding a little bit to Aussies Trio Ban debate, It was hilarious to see the remarks from a couple of Indian experts, Mainly Kaif and Harsha Bhogle. All they had to add was a hope that in the forthcoming India's tour to Australia India would be having greater chances to win as these three cornerstones won't be there in the squad... LOL... This actually recalls Australia's dominant decade period that how brutally they have defeated every other team in their home grounds particularly Sub-continent ones.
its going to be harder because we are missing our 2 leading batsman and 2 best leaders in Australia atm. Bancroft won't do anything different, Renshaw is a better and more consistent opener.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
its going to be harder because we are missing our 2 leading batsman and 2 best leaders in Australia atm. Bancroft won't do anything different, Renshaw is a better and more consistent opener.

I think Australia in Australia is still mighty dangerous and it's not gonna be a piece of cake there for sure for a sub-continent team.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I think Australia in Australia is still mighty dangerous and it's not gonna be a piece of cake there for sure for a sub-continent team.
We will have to rely on the bowlers to consistently put India under pressure. Paine is also not international captain material. What we need in place of our 2 best(Warner and a Smith) is a great leader, someone like George Bailey. Smith, Bailey and Warner are the only successful captains since Michael Clarke retired. Right now, in Australia, no one can replace Smith and Warners class with the bat and it will be incredibly hard to replace them.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
It doesn't mean anything if Warner and Smith arent there. An Australian team playing at home are going to pose the same challenges if Smith and Warner are playing. Prepare the same pitches as in the Ashes series, Aus will be fine! :D

On a more serious note, I hope the pitches offer a bit for bowlers. What was very boring in the Ashes series is Aus just prepared flat decks which batsmen gracefully accepted and scored loads of runs. Aus will miss Warner and Smith, but this Aus team can pose a big challenge for India.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Paine better not be in the ODI team. He isn't a hard hitting batsman that can score quickly, never looks like he can get away the ball. Carey deserves the keeper spot. Bailey's international career shouldn't be done either if Cameron White can still get a game. Bring back George Bailey, he is the only captain who could win us the CWC besides Smith and Warner. He will hold on to the no.4 spot until smith comes back. Aus CWC Squad/Line up should be:
:bat:Warner
:bat:Finch/Head (depending on form) Head has proven to be a much better opener than middle order batsman for Australia
:ar: Stoinis
:bat: Smith (Captain)
:bat: Bailey/:wk:Carey (Depending on form)
:ar: M Marsh/ Maxwell
:ar: Agar (If Marsh and Stoinis play, agar plays as the spinner)
:bwl: Cummins
:bwl: Starc
:bwl: Tye
:bwl: Hazlewood

Please give me your opinions on this lineup.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Langer appointed as Head Coach. Cherry on the Top. What a fighter he used to be. I think he is going to bring so much energy into the Australian side back. Aus might even be more dangerous without Warner and Smith because when you eager to prove something, Boy you are committed and up for biggest challenges.

S

Satan666

Langer appointed as Head Coach. Cherry on the Top. What a fighter he used to be. I think he is going to bring so much energy into the Australian side back. Aus might even be more dangerous without Warner and Smith because when you eager to prove something, Boy you are committed and up for biggest challenges.

Just got to watch them closely around the bails with Langer at the helm.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
We are screwed. England is going to thrash us. Tim Paine is not captain material or a limited overs batsman, Lyon is not a limited overs spinner, Starc,Cummins and Mitch Marsh injured, Shaun Marsh isn't the player he used to be in limited overs cricket and we are missing our two best batsman.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
We are screwed. England is going to thrash us. Tim Paine is not captain material or a limited overs batsman, Lyon is not a limited overs spinner, Starc,Cummins and Mitch Marsh injured, Shaun Marsh isn't the player he used to be in limited overs cricket and we are missing our two best batsman.
Any idea why Finch isn't leading the side in ODI ? With Waner and Smith out, I thought Finch would be leading them but seeing Paine as captain is a surprise.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Any idea why Finch isn't leading the side in ODI ? With Waner and Smith out, I thought Finch would be leading them but seeing Paine as captain is a surprise.
No clue, someone with successful experience would have been my first choice. Someome like George Bailey wouldve been a good choice in my opinion. Finch would also be a better captain than Paine,don't know why he wasn't looked at. I don' even like the fact that Paine is captaining the test side.

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
The squads announced for the England tour and Zimbabwe tri-series are very strong. Its feels like it doesn't matter who's captain, Justin Langer will have a huge impact on how the team's going to be led. I don't mind Tim Paine being the Captain, i think he will do a fine job. Maybe Finch should of had the position but still, not complaints from me.
I'm very happy on the inclusion of Ashton Agar, hopefully filling the all-rounder spot. If M. Marsh is still injured during the UAE (Pakistan) tour, Agar should fill the all-rounder position. I can't tell you why i enjoy watching him play so much but i just do.
Swepson, Wildermuth and Maddinson were the selections i was most shocked at. Not that i'm complaining, i just didn't expect it.

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Was present for the ODI series in India last year, selectors just don't think he's deserving of his spot at the moment. He is still a very capable and scary cricketer, he played very well during BBL07 and it won't surprise me if he makes a return this summer for the International side.

Users who are viewing this thread