Australia tour of Bangladesh - POSTPONED

bigred

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Did not see Fekete on the radar at all. Sandhu looked the pick of the A bowlers and his offies looked handy.
Will be interesting seeing who the selectors pick on both fronts.

Does Sandhu bowl spin as well as seam?

War

Chairman of Selectors
Ha the two extreme views that I've seen mentioned by some posters that AUS could loose this series & BANG could win is way over the top.

IMO that more realistic viewpoint is that since Bangladesh have been poor in tests you can't view this series with much hype for them because their recent upheaval has been in ODIs - plus even that victory over S Africa was not vs the best available S Africa team.

However AUS well established problems vs SPIN would mean that they will definitely have moments in tests series where BANG spinners will have the in trouble. So from that aspect it will be the most competitive AUS/BANG series contest ever.

But to expect anything other than a AUS 2-0 win is wishful thinking.

War

Chairman of Selectors
'We've taken quite big strides' - Heath Streak | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Bangladesh bowling coach Heath Streak believes the team still has a "long way to go" before becoming a force in Test cricket despite recent success in one-day internationals. Former Zimbabwe captain Streak, who joined the Bangladesh set-up a little over a year ago, is currently in India with the A side for a series of one-day games and two three-day matches.

Fact that the coach is saying this shows that the BANG players and some cricket fans talk that they could seriously upset AUS in this test series is premature.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

UK768

Banned
Profile Flag
Pakistan
12079276_1027286313959059_8310722678673748331_n.jpg

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Pakistan ... now Bangladesh who is next Lanka or India :/

cricketmad09

International Coach
I think the series may surprise you more than you think. Bangladesh are not as poor as they once were, and Australia are not exactly renowned for their performances in Asia. Australia would start favs no doubt, but the gap between the two sides has never been shorter.
Personally i think their solid performances in ODI cricket are deluding people into thinking they've improved in the longer format. Which they haven't. But I guess we'll never know now.

Users who are viewing this thread