Australia tour of India 2023 - 4 Tests , 3 ODIs

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
This series is monumental in itself but the result also has a big decision on the WTC final. Australia wining pushes Sri Lanka chances of making the final. Don't think India has anymore games after this series in this round of WTC. Then India will be relying in England defeating Australia (very solid possibility with the current England side)
The Ashes is after the final

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
This series is monumental in itself but the result also has a big decision on the WTC final. Australia wining pushes Sri Lanka chances of making the final. Don't think India has anymore games after this series in this round of WTC. Then India will be relying in England defeating Australia (very solid possibility with the current England side)
Erm... no. Ashes are in the next cycle, and SL need to beat NZ 2-0 away which probably isn't happening. Aus winning gives a boost to SA, who have 2 tests at home vs WI.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

The only reason why India have been unbeatable at home.

No other international team is this shameful to continually doctor pitches.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
But that's what the home advantage is. You serve up the pitch based on your strengths. If South Africa are hosting a series, do you expect them not to serve up pacy, bouncy pitches? If Sri Lanka are hosting, would they make the pitch spin less to make it fair?

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

The only reason why India have been unbeatable at home.

I am all for home-advantage and India know damn well that their spinners are going to be a class above Australia - but to only water specific part of the track and selectively rolling/mowing and watering to "doctor" the pitch knowing that there are 6 or so left handed batmen in the Aus XI seems a little too far.

Looks like the toss might be an important one knowing that on days 3/4/5 those dry part are going to crack and spin like mad. Lets see how Aus approach the batting.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I am all for home-advantage and India know damn well that their spinners are going to be a class above Australia - but to only water specific part of the track and selectively rolling/mowing and watering to "doctor" the pitch knowing that there are 6 or so left handed batmen in the Aus XI seems a little too far.

Looks like the toss might be an important one knowing that on days 3/4/5 those dry part are going to crack and spin like mad. Lets see how Aus approach the batting.
The thing is I really dont think they had to go this far. India have a superior side that are well equipped to take on this current Australian team.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
But that's what the home advantage is. You serve up the pitch based on your strengths. If South Africa are hosting a series, do you expect them not to serve up pacy, bouncy pitches? If Sri Lanka are hosting, would they make the pitch spin less to make it fair?
Wont some international guidelines be a nice thing to have in these cases. Yes home advantage but to prep the pitches to that extent, only India have done that. I have seen them go from flat roads to dustbowls within a couple series.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Is it just me or is the BGT making more noise than expected? A couple of cricket subs on Reddit are going hammer and tongs since the last 2 weeks.
I personally believe it is the biggest Test series. In the last few iterations, all matches have been closely contested. The quality of cricket on display too is of the highest quality. It is making noise and I like it.

It is probably going to be Ind v Aus in the WTC final unless India miraculously lose 4-0.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
SKY gets the nod-bit weird, Guess Gill will be drafted in at some time in this series. Given the amount of cricket being played, it would have made sense to let SKY take a break and concentrate on ODIs and T20s. Dare say, once Iyer is back, the #5 spot will be his.

The Australian line-up looks a tad funny and bit weak tbh. Renshaw at 5? Middle order muddle will be a tough one. It is almost as if they dont have a proper batter after Smith.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not entirely sure if SKY merits a spot in Test cricket straightaway. Gill would have been the better choice but KLR factor probably made him sit out.

Australia winning the toss is a plus for them.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I am quite happy for Srikar Bharat. guess they chose the better keeper. Just feel the lad may get a raw deal if his batting doesn't hit the mark.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Interesting match up between Boland and SKY.

The only decision for Aus was to bat on this track.

Users who are viewing this thread