Australia tour of India 2023 - 4 Tests , 3 ODIs

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think it will be great contest, India will be favourites no matter what is the form or opposition when we play at home.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
For Australia's bowling, I think they should use just 2 spinners. When Green isn't fit, it should be Agar, Cummins. Morris, Lyon and Boland. When Green comes back, then they can use Green, Cummins, Murphy, Lyon and Hazlewood (if fit, otherwise Boland).

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
For Australia's bowling, I think they should use just 2 spinners. When Green isn't fit, it should be Agar, Cummins. Morris, Lyon and Boland. When Green comes back, then they can use Green, Cummins, Murphy, Lyon and Hazlewood (if fit, otherwise Boland).
Please no Agar. Man has a bowling average of 42. I'd be willing to take the fifth option hit to play Handscomb over him.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Please no Agar. Man has a bowling average of 42. I'd be willing to take the fifth option hit to play Handscomb over him.
Yeah but he can bat and bowl. Only Green, Head and Labuschagne (somewhat) do that in this touring party. And I'd wager he be more successful than the latter two.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Why has Dravid requested extra assistance? Its very reminiscent of what he did as captain in 2004. Case in point, we played in Nagpur then....

Yeah but he can bat and bowl. Only Green, Head and Labuschagne (somewhat) do that in this touring party. And I'd wager he be more successful than the latter two.
If they need to bank on Agar's batting, their series is already over.

I'd rather they use Murphy and Morris and surprise India.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Really dont know whats there so difficult between SKY and Gill!

Clearly Gill is a once in a generation player!

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Really dont know whats there so difficult between SKY and Gill!

Clearly Gill is a once in a generation player!
I believe Gill should open. He is in great form and must be persisted with.

KLR, as usual is walking into the side based on favouritism. Others are in much better form. As a standing vice captain,he can be dropped. I'd say it is a toss up between him and SKY at No5. If it were to me, SKY would get the nod.

The main question though,who starts as keeper? Bharat, for me. But knowing Rahul Dravid, I won't be surprised if India mess it up by making KLR the keeper and SKY as another batsman.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is it just me or is the BGT making more noise than expected? A couple of cricket subs on Reddit are going hammer and tongs since the last 2 weeks.

A lot of talk is about spin and I've a feeling it's advantage Australia in that department even though we have the superior spinners.

R.Pant is likely to be sorely missed.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
I believe Gill should open. He is in great form and must be persisted with.

KLR, as usual is walking into the side based on favouritism. Others are in much better form. As a standing vice captain,he can be dropped. I'd say it is a toss up between him and SKY at No5. If it were to me, SKY would get the nod.

The main question though,who starts as keeper? Bharat, for me. But knowing Rahul Dravid, I won't be surprised if India mess it up by making KLR the keeper and SKY as another batsman.
I don't think KL is in the picture really. All the noise has been about Bharat vs Kishan.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Is it just me or is the BGT making more noise than expected? A couple of cricket subs on Reddit are going hammer and tongs since the last 2 weeks.

A lot of talk is about spin and I've a feeling it's advantage Australia in that department even though we have the superior spinners.

R.Pant is likely to be sorely missed.
A lot of it feels quite manufactured because there isn't really a big series for India in test cricket. So it comes down to beating the whoever is the best. Most teams don't have much chance of winning in India, so I suppose the hope is that Australia will provide some competition.

India's wins in Australia has added some spice to it too. But I can't see this series being that close and India not winning at least 3-0.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
I don't think KL is in the picture really
Rahul Dravid says hi. However, I don't think it would be that bad of a decision to slot him in the middle, especially in home games.

A lot of it feels quite manufactured
Players, ex and current alike, are also adding to the drama. However, gotta hand it to Australia for making every effort possible to get acclimatised to the conditions. There are leaving no stone unturned and perhaps is an indication of how much a series win here means to them.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
This series is monumental in itself but the result also has a big decision on the WTC final. Australia wining pushes Sri Lanka chances of making the final. Don't think India has anymore games after this series in this round of WTC. Then India will be relying in England defeating Australia (very solid possibility with the current England side)

Users who are viewing this thread