Australia tour of India - September / October 2017

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Maybe you are right. Maybe Raina does not enjoy the same support from Kohli, that Yuvraj got when he played the CT and the preceding ODI series' before CT. Also that issue of Raina getting dropped from the domestic team because he skipped a few games (because of his daughter's health) might also have strained relations between him and the selectors/BCCI. It does seem like a hard road for him to take if he wants to come back to the team.

Waste of time bringing back Nehra. Karthik is fine, but why is Shardul Thakur being handled like a random ping pong ball? He doesnt get a decent set of games and one day he is dropped and another day he is in.

This is a Kohli friendship XI. Obviously, there are some people he can't fiddle with. Raina can't miss a few domestic games for his daughter's health and Dhawan can miss and India/Australia series for his wife's health? Jadhav is not getting dropped now. I'm convinced.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
They need a pure batsman, rather than a cluster of allrounders that consist of the middle order.
Maxwell should definitely be dropped, Stonis seems to be a decent bowler and quite handy with the bat. Unsure about Head. He is a good prospect but very inconsistent player. #4 is a problem for Australia. George Bailey was good in that spot.

A captain makes an enormous difference. Each individual is different. A little while back, Lyon was being spoken about being dropped from the test side. He was not bowling well undoubtably, but how a captain uses his bowlers, how much confidence he gives them is a thing massively underplayed in Australia. May be they are too used to pro's turning up and doing their job. Steve Smith managed to create that doubt in Lyon's mind, who is factually one of Australia's greatest spinners ever. Pandya attacked and hit Zampa for a few sixes but he also got him out and had him dropped by Smith himself. Look at how Zampa is used. It's terrible. I think Kohli is a terrible captain, but I credit him with the way he shows faith in his bowlers. There was the one game where he didn't but other than that it's a quality he has.

Also, you look at what people like Maxwell and Faulkner have achieved in the 2015 world cup. Look at some of Faulkner's finishes and IPL performances. Look at some of the IPL performances of Maxwell. You need to impart confidence to people. Specially the likes of Maxwell. He will give you headaches on a lot of days, but he will win you games of cricket. I think the Aussies should make Warner the captain and play Handscomb in LOI if he keeps wickets.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Surprised you posted something ill about India.[DOUBLEPOST=1506954563][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hats off to you, shows great maturity as a poster.

So according to you if anyone posts ill about India has great maturity?

S

Satan666

So according to you if anyone posts ill about India has great maturity?

Not necessarily but it adds a nice touch!

In the case highlited the member was able and confident enough to state his views and not a blind supporter.

You could and should take a page from his book but to each his own!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Not necessarily but it adds a nice touch!

In the case highlited the member was able and confident enough to state his views and not a blind supporter.

You could and should take a page from his book but to each his own!
Nope, if I take a page from his book that is no more my own opinion. I do criticize and appreciate things. I understand that seeing blind supporters it gets boring but your lame attempt of appreciating everything that is anti bcci or India is also boring. Probably take a leaf out and support the good things and criticize the bad things? I do not have anything against you and sometimes you make some valid points and I agree with you. I am not saying be neutral and always say yes or no equally but please do not be boring as well :)

S

Satan666

Nope, if I take a page from his book that is no more my own opinion. I do criticize and appreciate things. I understand that seeing blind supporters it gets boring but your lame attempt of appreciating everything that is anti bcci or India is also boring. Probably take a leaf out and support the good things and criticize the bad things? I do not have anything against you and sometimes you make some valid points and I agree with you. I am not saying be neutral and always say yes or no equally but please do not be boring as well :)

I can understand where I may seem monotone on the same subject over and over.

I have and been attempting to diversify my posting style and subject matter. Always open to criticism and for that I thank you.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
I can understand where I may seem monotone on the same subject over and over.

I have and been attempting to diversify my posting style and subject matter. Always open to criticism and for that I thank you.
So your views on Nehra being fit as a 38 year old to someone like Raina who is 30

S

Satan666

So your views on Nehra being fit as a 38 year old to someone like Raina who is 30

Both should be playing international cricket as far as am concerned. At this point Raina shouldve been captain of the limited overs sides (t20 and odi), dont see much of an issue with his fitness at all.

Nehra on the other hand I would still have in the test team, as well as the T20 team. Hos fitness level is very good even for that age.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Both should be playing international cricket as far as am concerned. At this point Raina shouldve been captain of the limited overs sides (t20 and odi), dont see much of an issue with his fitness at all.

Nehra on the other hand I would still have in the test team, as well as the T20 team. Hos fitness level is very good even for that age.
:lol Nehra in the test team?

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Also, you look at what people like Maxwell and Faulkner have achieved in the 2015 world cup. Look at some of Faulkner's finishes and IPL performances. Look at some of the IPL performances of Maxwell. You need to impart confidence to people. Specially the likes of Maxwell. He will give you headaches on a lot of days, but he will win you games of cricket. I think the Aussies should make Warner the captain and play Handscomb in LOI if he keeps wickets.
Agree on the part of backing your players. Don't really agree with the part about Maxi's IPL performances. He had a golden season on 2014, but after that quite modest, this year did decent. He isn't delivering as he should be in international cricket despite what he does in domestic cricket. The only match I can muster up Maxwell delivering a winning performance was 96 against India chasing 296 in 2016. IMO, he shouldn't be batting so high. He is perfect for T20 cricket, but not so for ODI. He's also not a very reliable player. Also adding to the fact that he's hardly used as a bowler ever since Smith became captain. He isn't harnessing his talents properly.

Faulkner deserves chances. Very dynamic all rounder, contributes with both bat and ball. He definitely deserves more chances since he just entered the team.

S

Satan666

Agree on the part of backing your players. Don't really agree with the part about Maxi's IPL performances. He had a golden season on 2014, but after that quite modest, this year did decent. He isn't delivering as he should be in international cricket despite what he does in domestic cricket. The only match I can muster up Maxwell delivering a winning performance was 96 against India chasing 296 in 2016. IMO, he shouldn't be batting so high. He is perfect for T20 cricket, but not so for ODI. He's also not a very reliable player. Also adding to the fact that he's hardly used as a bowler ever since Smith became captain. He isn't harnessing his talents properly.

Faulkner deserves chances. Very dynamic all rounder, contributes with both bat and ball. He definitely deserves more chances since he just entered the team.

You mean re-entered, in the case of Faulkner. Where did he go wrong really? Had some match winning finisher inns for Aussies, in the last world cup especially as well bowled amazingly.

Is it a discipline issue perhaps? He always seem riled up!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Surprised you posted something ill about India.[DOUBLEPOST=1506954563][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hats off to you, shows great maturity as a poster.

I actually only post what I feel and what I believe is the truth. I may not always be right. It's just who I am. Thanks for the compliment though, I don't often get that sort of stuff on forums. May be, it's the common targaryen blood. :D

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

Maxwell is not a number 4/5. He's someone who can bat in the last 10 overs and give you 5-6 overs. Never forget the 10 runs he gives you in the field and the catches and run outs he gets. He is as good as they come in my opinion in limited overs. He just has a major confidence issue because of a poor management and a captain who's not meant to lead in limited overs. Same with Faulkner.

Users who are viewing this thread