Australia tour of India - September / October 2017

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Is the wicket helping the bowlers or did India just implode out there today? Second innings should tell the story but with the dew expected and having seen the way India have batted, Australia should romp home comprehensively here, according to my expectations

B

Bigby Wolf

Is the wicket helping the bowlers or did India just implode out there today? Second innings should tell the story but with the dew expected and having seen the way India have batted, Australia should romp home comprehensively here, according to my expectations
The wicket does have a bit on it but it was a combination of some very good bowling and poor shot selections. Especially from Dhawan , Pandey and Kedar Jadhav and to some extent MS because he kept on coming down the wicket to Zampa ( which he usually does to leggies and left armers ) but was eventually foxed Zampa who bowled IMO today with a bit of purchase from the wicket.
I believe we are 20 runs short on this wicket Australia should chase this down unless their is another collapse from them.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
This match proves the problem with India's lineup. They cant face quality pace bowling.

Also, two leg spinners isnt the way to go for defending a low score...

B

Bigby Wolf

This match proves the problem with India's lineup. They cant face quality pace bowling.

Also, two leg spinners isnt the way to go for defending a low score...
I disagree with the 2nd point. Dew factor played a huge part today Kuldeep hardly bowled a good ball today almost every delivery of his were half trackers, game was on level till the powerplays then Kuldeep bowled the first over and conceded 14 in his 1st over and from there on it was all Australia and Kuldeep struggled throughout the match.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I disagree with the 2nd point. Dew factor played a huge part today Kuldeep hardly bowled a good ball today almost every delivery of his were half trackers, game was on level till the powerplays then Kuldeep bowled the first over and conceded 14 in his 1st over and from there on it was all Australia and Kuldeep struggled throughout the match.
The main point is... When you defend a low score, you need someone who isnt too affected by the dew and is accurate enough to control the runs from one end. I agree that the leg spinner would take the wickets, but he needs to build up pressure. So someone like Axar or Jadeja is necessery for carrying out overs quickly and stop flow of runs.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So someone like Axar or Jadeja is necessery for carrying out overs quickly and stop flow of runs.

Another post implying "Axar is necessary or he should have played" :lol

India just batted badly. Behrendorff was too good today. Really good to see him do well. There wasn't much the bowlers could do about it, target was too small to defend. Rare off day for Indians but Australia played really well, gotta give credit to them as well.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I saw that New Australian bowler Jason in the highlights today. Energetic bowler and looks a promising future awaiting him. If he gets a pair with Mitch Starc in future tours, Boy Australia would find a lethal combo

Users who are viewing this thread