abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So what exactly is going on ? There was a LOT of talk and chatter last year about how NZ might have one of the best bowling lineups or even the best bowling lineup in the world - Southee and Boult were supposed to be a deadly pair. They hardly seem to be threatening this Aussie batting lineup. Got plastered allover the park in the first test too. They were kind of on top of Sri Lanka before this but even in the series in Australia, the Aussies scored 550+ runs twice :spy

Or is the Australian batting lineup just getting back to its glory days ?

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
So what exactly is going on ? There was a LOT of talk and chatter last year about how NZ might have one of the best bowling lineups or even the best bowling lineup in the world - Southee and Boult were supposed to be a deadly pair. They hardly seem to be threatening this Aussie batting lineup. Got plastered allover the park in the first test too. They were kind of on top of Sri Lanka before this but even in the series in Australia, the Aussies scored 550+ runs twice :spy

Or is the Australian batting lineup just getting back to its glory days ?

I think it's a combination of factors which you mentioned. The Aussie batting line up is definitely getting better than it was a while back and they have always made big scores in familiar conditions (in Aus/NZ). They have, especially in recent years, struggled against the spin of Pakistan and the superior seam and swing bowling of England. Add to that the fact that NZ are definitely a better ODI side than a test side and you have the perfect ingredients for Australia to look good. It's still impressive but not quite the glory days.

Now, I haven't seen much of this series but from what I have seen, it's almost as if the NZ bowlers have gone through the motion and at times looked disinterested. What's the reason behind that?

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Southee and Boult have been out of form since the tour of England

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Southee and Boult have been out of form since the tour of England

They seemed to be fine against Sri Lanka - maybe they just need ideal conditions with opposition that is naturally uncomfortable against swing/seam bowling to really flourish.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
With due respect, Sri Lanka aren't really a strong team anymore and the bowling still wasn't the greatest during that series

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Ah ok. I dint watch that series, so cant comment on the bowling.

Maybe they will roar back to form and skittle out the Aussies for 150 off to draw the series

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Ah ok. I dint watch that series, so cant comment on the bowling.

Maybe they will roar back to form and skittle out the Aussies for 150 off to draw the series
We are not in NZ to sell eggs :)

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
the best team in the world ?
Only name comes out.
Australia Australia Australia......

Users who are viewing this thread