Australia tour of South Africa 2018

D

Dutch

Yeah he is taking it full
on the chin and remaining standing. Does weaken the potential appeals of others I guess. I really hope he can come back and do what he clearly does very well.

I think also just being out of the limelight and getting away from it all.

There is a slight question there as to whether there is much more that has not been said that would need to be said in an appeal process?

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
There is a slight question there as to whether there is much more that has not been said that would need to be said in an appeal process?

Maybe, he is the ultimate team man and wants to keep his team out of it. I have thought that many times. That shows true leadership in a situation that lacked leadership.

D

Dutch

Maybe, he is the ultimate team man and wants to keep his team out of it. I have thought that many times. That shows true leadership in a situation that lacked leadership.
Thats true: literally taking one for the team![DOUBLEPOST=1522832214][/DOUBLEPOST]Bancroft not appealing either.......but then again he was never the good looker!

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Respect to Smith and Bancroft here. They're doing the right thing.

Bancroft is young and probably somewhat impressionable, but genuinely remorseful I think, so I'll leave that there. But Smith was the captain, and the one Aussie player I've always thought was different to most of the rest, and I think he's proved that with his mature and humble handling of the whole affair.

I think Smith is a good human being and I like the guy.

Warner is a plonker.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Wow, just wow. I have the utmost respect for this guy!!
Here's an unpopular opinion - Did he have any other choice? I mean if he had appealed, then people would have said he has no remoarse - just shed a few tears for sympathy and now he is back at it again. What I am getting at is that probably it isn't a big deal. He is only doing what's left to do - simply owning up to his mistakes which defintely seems like the right thing to do - though I agree it isn't an easy thing to do.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Here's an unpopular opinion - Did he have any other choice? I mean if he had appealed, then people would have said he has no remoarse - just shed a few tears for sympathy and now he is back at it again. What I am getting at is that probably it isn't a big deal. He is only doing what's left to do - simply owning up to his mistakes which defintely seems like the right thing to do - though I agree it isn't an easy thing to do.
I guess its a double edged sword for him. ultimately he could have appealed and people would have lambasted him. He would, in my opinion have had a good case, but he has chosen the better option professionally.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
It's very easy to throw numbers around without considering any of the variables. Cricket is complex that way as has already been mentioned by some here. But, if you truly believe that Shami and Kumar is a better duo than Starc and Hazelwood than you're entitled to that opinion. I personally think that is ridiculous and I'll leave it up to people here to make up their own minds.
Shami, yes. But, Kumar, no hell no.

Bhuvi is one of the best bowlers currently going around, based on the sole fact that he is the most consistent performer across all formats.
youre probably saying that because you are an SRH Fan. Hazlewood has great numbers in both test cricket and odi. Imo and probably a lot of people believe hazlewood is a better bowler than all of Indias quicks in their international team. Trust hazlewood can be better than starc and cummins on his day. Hazlewood averages 24 in ODI cricket as one of the opening bowlers and Bhuvi averages 38 as Indias opening bowler. Both of them average 26 in test cricket but Hazlewood has more games by about 20 or so. Playing 40 test matches and averaging 26 is super with the amount of overs he wouldn't have to bowl

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Trust hazlewood can be better than starc and cummins on his day
On his day, even Ishant Sharma is the best bowler in the world. Basically, every bowler is the best on his day. The better bowler gets his "day" more often. I find Bhuvi much better on the fact that now, since he has improved, he is an all format, usually any pitch bowler.

Also, you didn't compare T20 records?

I agree to the fact that Hazlewood is underrated. Becoming the no. 1 ODI bowler is no joke. And he is superb in tests.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
On his day, even Ishant Sharma is the best bowler in the world. Basically, every bowler is the best on his day. The better bowler gets his "day" more often. I find Bhuvi much better on the fact that now, since he has improved, he is an all format, usually any pitch bowler.

Also, you didn't compare T20 records?

I agree to the fact that Hazlewood is underrated. Becoming the no. 1 ODI bowler is no joke. And he is superb in tests.
Didn't include t20i because hazlewood has only played 7 games

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Cause he is not good enough to hold on to his place. :p
T20i is nothing compared to Odi and Tet match records. Bhuvi has a bowling average of 38 in odi cricket. By your standards he shouldn't be playing then because Hazlewood averages 22 in t20s and you don't think he should be in the t20 team. Don't be biased just because you're Indian, the majority of the world would take hazlewood or bhuvi any day

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
By your standards he shouldn't be playing
You are the one who started talking about averages and then say that this is by my standards.

Well, I’ll leave the discussion to the simple point that which bowler is a sure name in the playing XI of all formats for their respective teams.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
. Both of them average 26 in test cricket but Hazlewood has more games by about 20 or so. Playing 40 test matches and averaging 26 is super with the amount of overs he wouldn't have to bowl
So interesting that you see the difference of 20 test matches between Josh and Bhuvi but do not see the differnce of 45 ODIs between them.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
So interesting that you see the difference of 20 test matches between Josh and Bhuvi but do not see the differnce of 45 ODIs between them.
Cause he's not good enough to hold his place :p

Users who are viewing this thread