LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Can't believe. Just 4 out of form innings and you guys are already counting his last few years? :facepalm

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Eh? He just scored 687 runs at an average of 137.40 in the Ashes a few months ago? I know our bowling isn't great in those conditions but give him some credit! :lol

Ponting had an unbelievable Ashes in 06/07 and a pretty good series vs Sri Lanka after that too but declined drastically later. The signs are there. Smith is struggling to cope with his declining reflexes just like Ponting did.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Can't believe. Just 4 out of form innings and you guys are already counting his last few years? :facepalm

It is not about just this series. It's the bigger picture. Observe how his agility in the field has massively gone down resulting in so many dropped catches. Observe how he struggles to score quickly in all formats unlike in the past where he could accelerate with ease. Observe how he's constantly late to most deliveries now. Ominous signs.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Or just have him play India and he will be back among runs.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I agree with @ParkedTheBus here. Smith has declined rapidly. Yeah he was a freak in Ashes but in the ODIs, his decline was obvious as he failed to pick up singles and was not good. And then the SA tests.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Not being reactionary but Smith is showing signs of a decline. Guess 2 or 3 years from now, he'll be fully finished. His reflexes are weakening and other aspects of his game aren't good enough for him to survive as an elite-level batsman. Hope I'm wrong but his time as a top batsman could very well be over. He's showing the same signs Ponting did around 2007 and Amla around 2014-15.

None of his dismissals have indicated that his reactions have regressed. Amazing how reactionary some fans are

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone can have a bad series, consider the fact that Smith played almost three months straight of grueling cricket. It's going to be tough mentally and physically considering how many days in the field he was in. I'm sure he can bounce back.

So surprising people have such a dramatic reaction to just 4 innings where he's scored a 50 or two, everyone is out of form at some point in their career. He's isn't batting badly either.

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Don't know why they select Usman?
Ed Cowan is the best.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I never want to see Khawaja in australia colours for any format of the game ever again

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Oh my my! Look at the cheats go at it! First Handscomb was used to cover up a "brain fade" and now Bancroft being used for ball tampering. Steve Smith is more like Cheat Smith!

This same chap was calling on Rabada's ban being overturned. Where to from here?

Last edited:

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
South Africa firmly in the driver's seat but reckon Australia will have at least a half-chance chasing anything less than 400. Key is to bowl South Africa out before lunch tomorrow. ABD has probably been the player of the series so far, has been so clutch for South Africa.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
Bancroft looks like he can in deep trouble (ball tampering - caught on camera)

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Bancroft looks like he can in deep trouble (ball tampering - caught on camera)

No way Smith and Lehmann weren't in on it or even behind it too. Big questions for them, particularly after all their whining recently. Going to be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread