1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australian Domestic Cricket - JLT Cup/Sheffield Shield/WNCL

Discussion in 'Cricket Discussion' started by aus5892, Jul 26, 2007.

1. El Loco Staff Member

El Loco
    Moderator Infamous Raptors ENG....
    Favourites for the Sheffield Shield?

2. baggygreenman County Cricketer

baggygreenman
    National Team:
    Baggy Greens (Australia)
    Domestic Team:
    NSW Blues. Sydney Sixes
    The QLD Bulls as title holders would have to start favorites. With runners up Tasmanian Tigers second favored. The South Aussies always aquit themselves well as they are strong with bat and ball. Flame haired Lloyd Pope has been selected by the Redbacks. Big wraps on this kid.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  3. baggygreenman County Cricketer

baggygreenman
    National Team:
    Baggy Greens (Australia)
    Domestic Team:
    NSW Blues. Sydney Sixes
    Live stream about to start the new season of red ball cricket for this tragic.

There is usually something in these early season decks for the quicks. The autumn wet may juice em up even further.

I wanna see blokes batting time and putting up their names for July's Ashes.

4. baggygreenman County Cricketer

baggygreenman
    National Team:
    Baggy Greens (Australia)
    Domestic Team:
    NSW Blues. Sydney Sixes
    Why doesnt CA every think outside the box? With an Ashes this year why not use the Duke ball at the start of the Shield season as well. There are always some green decks this time of the year. Combine this with the moving Duke and that is a challenge for even the best techniques.

5. baggygreenman County Cricketer

baggygreenman
    National Team:
    Baggy Greens (Australia)
    Domestic Team:
    NSW Blues. Sydney Sixes
    Six teenagers could be in action for their states today with Shield debuts. All five potential debutants featured in the Australia U19 side that reached the final of this year's U19 World Cup in New Zealand. The most exciting imho is Blues right hander Jason Sangha. Much has been written about this kid since he burst onto the scene while still at school. He scored a century at 16 years of age in an U19 overseas match and was the youngest batsman since the "little master" Sachin Tendulkar to post a ton against a visiting English touring side. The other babies are Max Wright, Nathan McSweeney (Bulls), plus Redbacks leggie Loyd Pope and Blues rookie all rounder Jack Edwards. He must not bat anywhere above #7 in my view as there is work to be done on his technique.

6. DrewBi Club Cricketer

DrewBi
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    New south Wales Blues
    I think that is actually a really good idea. If we use a Duke ball and ask the curators to prepare slightly greener, softer pitches than surely we will be better off for the Ashes.

7. Prequel User Title Purchaser

Prequel
    AUS.. Brisbane Heat
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Queensland Bulls, Brisbane Heat
    Australian cricket in my opinion has a very bright future.
    So many youngsters who i think will have a huge future for Australia.