Australian Domestic Cricket

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
pura_cup.gif
oneday_cup.gif
twenty20.gif

Fixtures: http://www.cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=fixtures

I thought that I'd start a thread on the world's most competitive and highest quality domestic season. Not to brag or anything.

Some discussion points early on can be teams and players to watch this year.

I'm tipping Victoria to lift this year, they should never have missed the Pura Cup final, injuries hurt them a lot, especially the loss of Jason Arnberger, Lloyd Mash and Nick Jewell never did it for me. Klinger and Mash should open this year, though if Arnberger is fit I'd have him in.

The loss of Jonathan Moss could prove costly for the Victorians, and a big in for NSW should he be picked. I would not have terminated his contract to make room for someone like Rob Quiney, who did almost nothing last year for the state side.

Last edited:

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I hope Ben Hilfenhaus continues to improve and I would love to see more of Moises Henriques

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I think that Henriques has been hyped up a lot, and is still a little young for me to predict that he'll go wild anytime soon. Wait until he establishes a spot in the NSW side before making international stardom predictions I believe.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Hopefully Vic can be consistent this season, fell apart in the Pura and lost the OD cup.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, it was disappointing to see them fall apart like that in the last game of the season. One hopes that they can lift this year, their batting lineup is too inconsistent. Hussey and Hodge are the two rocks, but the rest are too hot and cold.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
I didnt say he would live up to his name, I just wanna see what all the hype is about. Im yet to see him play

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Vics ran out of bowlers. Hodge and White's callups weren't handy, but they still had 5 first choice batsmen, instead of 3 2nd or 3rd choice bowlers in some instances. There was only a period in the middle where they were indomitable that made their season.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hope to see more of Henriques in both forms of the game, hopefully he can establish himself in the FRC. Any news on Bird? He was quick from what I hear and looked promising.

I see a few more rookies in the NSW squad all sound promising. John Hasting quick bowling all rounder and Martin Paskal quick bowler. Won't mind seeing how Coulter Nile goes for WA either.

cricketmad09

International Coach
I'm tipping Victoria to lift this year, they should never have missed the Pura Cup final, injuries hurt them a lot, especially the loss of Jason Arnberger, Lloyd Mash and Nick Jewell never did it for me. Klinger and Mash should open this year, though if Arnberger is fit I'd have him in.

The loss of Jonathan Moss could prove costly for the Victorians, and a big in for NSW should he be picked. I would not have terminated his contract to make room for someone like Rob Quiney, who did almost nothing last year for the state side.

Arnberger has retired I think.

Jewell isn't pretty, but he scores runs. I'd still have him. Mash is just a real battler. Just isn't good enough really. Klinger doesnt know how to play first class cricket. He's one of those guys who when playing 4 day cricket, tries to not get out, instead of actually trying to score runs. He needs to learn to try and score runs.

Quiney is useless. He should have never ever played state cricket EVER.
Get rid of Adam "overrated" Crosthwaite. Pilon or the new bloke (Wade I think it is) are way better.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Yes, I'm also disappointed that Rob Cassell's constant injury setbacks have forced Victoria to drop him from their squad, when you look at his limited opportunities, he seems to have made the most of them, with impressive stats in his few games.

Let's hope that he can get his chance too.

Arnberger has retired I think.

Jewell isn't pretty, but he scores runs. I'd still have him. Mash is just a real battler. Just isn't good enough really. Klinger doesnt know how to play first class cricket. He's one of those guys who when playing 4 day cricket, tries to not get out, instead of actually trying to score runs. He needs to learn to try and score runs.

Quiney is useless. He should have never ever played state cricket EVER.
Get rid of Adam "overrated" Crosthwaite. Pilon or the new bloke (Wade I think it is) are way better.
No he hasn't retired yet, he is simply injured and has not been offered a contract due to the likelihood that he won't recover and retire this season.

Crostwhaite had a breatkhrough season though, his keeping was good as always, and his batting was incredibly improved. I'm not sure why you think he isn't any good?

Last edited:

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah i think Crosthwaite had a pretty good season.
Cowan had some good periods for the blues so hopefully Jaques and him can continue there old form.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I can't see Bollinger staying for the 4 day cricket if that's what is on the A's tour.

Cowan should be able to build on from last season in both forms of the game.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
It will be good to see Andrew McDonald doing some work for Australia A, he had a real breakthrough season last time. I'd have him in over Shane "Useless" Watson.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
McDonald is definately a prospect for the future of Australian cricket.
When does the season start?

Users who are viewing this thread