Australian Domestic Cricket

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Let's do some tipping guys, I'll start us off:

Pura Cup:
1. Victoria - To do a Geelong and break through after a disappointing fadeout last year
2. New South Wales - Always dangerous, should have a good year
3. Western Australia - Their batting lineup looks very dangerous as always, and having Langer all year will help them out a lot.
4. Tasmania - A revelation last year, their young side should improve further this year.
5. South Australia - A young side but should improve somewhat this year from a disastrous year last time around.
6. Queensland - A good side, but could be brushed aside this year with more and more international losses, overall they seem to be getting older.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pura Cup:

1. New South Wales - Just look to good on paper. Batting and bowling is great
2. Western Australia - Coach Tom Moody will work wonders, Langer, North, Rogers, Voges. Is there a better top order?
3. Tasmania - A fluke last year? Maybe. They will do well this year.
4. Queensland - Good side in the OD game, should do OK this season if Watson plays.
5. Victoria -Dean is delusional; ) They were very poor last season and I don't see why they will do better this season. OD Cricket is there go.
6. South Australia - We all know that they won't scare to many sides this season:)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Let's do some tipping guys, I'll start us off:

Pura Cup:
1. Victoria - To do a Geelong and break through after a disappointing fadeout last year
2. New South Wales - Always dangerous, should have a good year
3. Western Australia - Their batting lineup looks very dangerous as always, and having Langer all year will help them out a lot.
4. Tasmania - A revelation last year, their young side should improve further this year.
5. South Australia - A young side but should improve somewhat this year from a disastrous year last time around.
6. Queensland - A good side, but could be brushed aside this year with more and more international losses, overall they seem to be getting older.

Who's playing? Where are the matches?

Hooper

ICC Board Member
No, its just season standings. Like where you expect them to finish.

I think you should make a vBookie on this Dean.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Pura Cup:

1. New South Wales - Just look to good on paper. Batting and bowling is great
2. Western Australia - Coach Tom Moody will work wonders, Langer, North, Rogers, Voges. Is there a better top order?
3. Tasmania - A fluke last year? Maybe. They will do well this year.
4. Queensland - Good side in the OD game, should do OK this season if Watson plays.
5. Victoria -Dean is delusional; ) They were very poor last season and I don't see why they will do better this season. OD Cricket is there go.
6. South Australia - We all know that they won't scare to many sides this season:)
Victoria dominated for most of the season Hooper, they missed the final only because of their last game. Traditionally we have been a much better FC side than OD side, Twenty20 for some reason we're unstoppable.

As for the fixtures, see the first post for a link to the full season fixtures.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Victoria dominated for most of the season Hooper, they missed the final only because of their last game. Traditionally we have been a much better FC side than OD side, Twenty20 for some reason we're unstoppable.

As for the fixtures, see the first post for a link to the full season fixtures.
Real? OK, I have messed up there. I don't know why I have thought that then. I still rate them 5th. I always thought they were a better OD side.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Im surprised to find the Blues haven't made any signings this year. Cant wait for our first match agaisnt the Warriors :D

And Dean if Tasmanias young side improve this year wouldn't they win again not finish lower?

My Tips;

1. Blues; A real strong side very good rookies coming through.

2. Queensland; Although an ageing side i think there batting is to strong and with the bowling of Noffke, Hopes and Bichel to name a few they will challenge the title.

3. Western Australia; Wasn't sure wether to tip them 2nd or 3rd. With Langer back they all of a sudden become much stronger. Put Rogers up there in the top order with him and theres a great opening pair Add Ronchi and Voges to that batting and you are in for a treat. Only put them 3rd because i feel Queensland bowling attack is stronger.

4. Victoria; Good side but i dont think there strike players will be as good as the top 3 i have tipped. I agree with hooper in saying ODI seems more there game.

5. South Australia; Are going to do betetr than last season i think, Gillespie and Covesgrove will do better this season IMO.

6. Tasmania; I dont think they are going to get a repeat of last season. With Hilfenhouse with the international team (I think) Tassies bowling is already weakened significantly. I will like to see how Birt does this season.

Last edited:

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Im surprised to find the Blues haven't made any signings this year. Cant wait for our first match agaisnt the Warriors :D

And Dean if Tasmanias young side improve this year wouldn't they win again not finish lower?

My Tips;

1. Blues; A real strong side very good rookies coming through.

2. Queensland; Although an ageing side i think there batting is to strong and with the bowling of Noffke, Hopes and Bichel to name a few they will challenge the title.

3. Western Australia; Wasn't sure wether to tip them 2nd or 3rd. With Langer back they all of a sudden become much stronger. Put Rogers up there in the top order with him and theres a great opening pair Add Ronchi and Voges to that batting and you are in for a treat. Only put them 3rd because i feel Queensland bowling attack is stronger.

4. Victoria; Good side but i dont think there strike players will be as good as the top 3 i have tipped. I agree with hooper in saying ODI seems more there game.

5. South Australia; Are going to do betetr than last season i think, Gillespie and Covesgrove will do better this season IMO.

6. Tasmania; I dont think they are going to get a repeat of last season. With Hilfenhouse with the international team (I think) Tassies bowling is already weakened significantly. I will like to see how Birt does this season.
Not if others play better or improve more.

As for the comments about Victoria being a better OD side, I'm fairly certain that you're wrong.

My Ford Ranger Ladder:
1. Tasmania
2. Queensland
3. New South Wales
4. Victoria
5. Western Australia
6. South Australia

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
My tip for Pura

1. Tasmania their pace lineup I would rate the best in the Country and they have some good young batters coming through.

2. WA have a very settled and experienced batting lineup and their bowling lineup can hold their own, if Heal kicks on they could take the title.

3. Victoria; A very strong batting lineup when at full strength bowling is under rated but experienced. Could lose a number of their main batters through the summer which may see them finish lower.

4. NSW look like they will lose more players to international duty. With Jaques, possibly Bracken, Clark and Macgill all gone, their is a big hole in the bowling. Batting has some players but they have shown a nack for collapsing last season which isn't what they need with their inexperienced bowling lineup.

5. Queensland; Won't have a number of their stars and they will lose Johnson for part of the season. Hard to see them doing much with their lineup.

6. SA they have a young team going but with Tait out their bowling doesn't look as strong and they may lose Cullen/Bailey to International duty.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Yeah, I joined:) My team is made:)

Oh and Iam going to the Ford Ranger Cup game this Friday - WA vs NSW!

Rogers vs Jaques!

You beauty!

Its only going to cost $10!. Then two days after that is the Pura Cup match. But school starts so I probably wont go to that one.

(Oh and seeing the comp starts in a couple of days I guess it can be moved to "Current Tours and Events")

Last edited:

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Yep, it should be moved to "Current Tours & Events"

Anyway, I am looking foward to it. NSW vs Western Australia should be a good way for NSW to open the season with a victory :p

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
$10! Thats a heaps good price. Im a blue heelers member so i get half price or something... For Pura cups it costs me like $1 or 50c Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread