Avast Ye Pirates! PlanetCricket Pillage MLB

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
chatpirates-teamlogo.gif

After months of speculation the time has finally arrived to answer the question on every baseball follower's lips: How will the new look Pittsburgh Pirates fair in the Major Leagues after their takeover by PlanetCricket Corp?

Meet The Team

positions.jpg

Catcher Chris Snyder is the only previous Pirate to retain his spot in the side with every other position being occupied by a new talent. The team looks well balanced offensively with Choie and Lee posing a significant speed threat on the bases and players such as Ikram and Hedger able to land the big blows. How they will fair defensively remains to be seen but some athletic ability was shown in the middle infield by Shortstop Coldhill and Second Baseman Rustagi during spring training bodes well for them in the regular season.

On the pitching side Ohlendorf and Correia keep their place in the starting rotation alongside new blood Ross, Twentyten and the extravagantly named X-Factor Jones. The Pirates retain much of their original bullpen with closing pitcher Papa Smurf the only new addition. The relief pitching could well prove to be the weakest link in this new look side so it will be interesting to see how things play out in the coming months.

pitcherss.jpg

Spring Training Success

Unarguably the most encouraging sign for the club was their exceptional perfomance in spring training whether they finished in second place in the Grapefruit League, just 3.5 games behind Boston Red Sox with a win% of well over .600. If they can keep this sort of form going into the regular season, there's no reason to think they won't be able to push for a playoff spot in October.

grapefruitea.jpg

The Road Ahead

And so we look ahead to the month of April and the start of the regular season. The Pirates hit the road first up with 3 game series against the Cubs followed by the Cardinals before returning home to take on the Rockies in a best of 4 clash.

Opening day could well set the tone for the rest of the season for this fledgling team and a good start will no doubt be vital as starting pitcher Mike Ross takes on the Cubs' Matt Garza at Wrigley Field, don't miss it!

schedulemm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
May I ask why that was necessary?

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
^

160x160.jpg

dont question matt fool! :p

forgot to sign up for this but i'll be following the story, your stories are always worth a read :thumbs

Zohaib

Club Cricketer
I look weird with those green eyes , can you make me a tad lighter , I aint so dark :p

KUTGW

Cant wait for our first match

Spoobir

Unfortunately the player creator sucks and i can't edit people now the season has started so you'll have to be content that everyone else looks stupid as well. Although I have noticed the skin colours don't look quite so dark in game.

Spoobir

Pittsburgh @ Chicago Live

Game report and highlights to follow.

Last edited by a moderator:

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
Wow. That is a long game, can't believe you took the time to upload it, wouldn't it take ayyyyyyyyyyges?

I don't really think you should/need to upload games this long as I doubt they'll be watched, maybe just if there's a highlights video and the scorecard, should do it.

----------

And what a smashing!

Spoobir

Im only recording maybe 2 games per month, the rest will just be quick simmed. People can watch them or not, I'm not really bothered. :p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Ok, well there's an error not surprisingly :p

But yeah, highlights are just fine. My internet sucks so I'll be sitting here for 5 hours before I finish watching it.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Awesome. Might watch it later on when I finish a few things.

----------

lol. Hedger gets out almost immediatly.

----------

As do I :p

Users who are viewing this thread