Awaiting comment from Trickstar...

thefonz

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is there any possibility of an official statement from Trickstar to offer an explanation about what happened with the game?

Surely the fans are owed an explanation?

thefonz

Banned
Where is Mike F, Chief or one of the developers to explain this gaming disaster?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Well Chief no longer works for 505 or Trickstar and will be under NDA and I imagine Mike Fegan is keeping his head down and hoping this all goes away.

StormySteve

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My guess is the team employed by Trickstar bit off more than they could chew!!

I remember Audiogenic's Graham Gooch Cricket which I beta tested, they had a hell of a time with the Amiga version release date was July 1991 appeared June 1993 and was still full of bugs it was only when they released Lara 96 that the game was sorted to a more playable version but by then the Amiga was coming to and end!!

Fegan I believe was involved with AC2009 & IC2010 million dollar question is... was it the same team that did AC2013 and the new technology did for them or a whole new team altogether? I guess we'll never know and I would be surprised if we ever saw another trickstar cricket game! One thing that does surprise me though is HB studios that did the EA series have been quiet for 6 years now, surely it's time for them to re-enter the arena!

For now though we should all get behind DBC14 and Ross should get the bloody thing out lol :cheers

Steve S.

srk121

International Coach
I am very sure that it was more or a less the same team that has worked on the Ashes 09 and IC10. Jamie Firth,Mike Fegan and Steve M Jones

These are all familiar names.

StormySteve

Club Captain
I am very sure that it was more or a less the same team that has worked on the Ashes 09 and IC10. Jamie Firth,Mike Fegan and Steve M Jones

These are all familiar names.

Yes, I'm familiar with those names too!

Steve S.

cricfan11

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
My guess is the team employed by Trickstar bit off more than they could chew!!

I remember Audiogenic's Graham Gooch Cricket which I beta tested, they had a hell of a time with the Amiga version release date was July 1991 appeared June 1993 and was still full of bugs it was only when they released Lara 96 that the game was sorted to a more playable version but by then the Amiga was coming to and end!!

Fegan I believe was involved with AC2009 & IC2010 million dollar question is... was it the same team that did AC2013 and the new technology did for them or a whole new team altogether? I guess we'll never know and I would be surprised if we ever saw another trickstar cricket game! One thing that does surprise me though is HB studios that did the EA series have been quiet for 6 years now, surely it's time for them to re-enter the arena!

Steve S.

Yea I agree if 505 had given this contract for Ashes to HB studios things could have been better.

kasabian21

International Coach
Shock that Chief hasn't been here since the 22nd. He may not work for them anymore but he's still as bad as Fegan; they both led us right up the garden path.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Just because people aren't logged in it doesn't mean they're not visiting.

@srk121 - Steve Mander Jones left Trickstar in May I believe.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Bigger sites than us will be trying to get a comment. I'm not optimistic to be honest.

Let's not undersell here...

I think our BBC correspondent MattW should contact them for a comment and he will get one for sure...

srk121

International Coach
Just because people aren't logged in it doesn't mean they're not visiting.

@srk121 - Steve Mander Jones left Trickstar in May I believe.

Correct me if i am wrong, he was the Lead programmer on AC13?

I wish them well and success, NOT the management.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Fegan I believe was involved with AC2009 & IC2010 million dollar question is... was it the same team that did AC2013 and the new technology did for them or a whole new team altogether?

I thought Ashes 09 was built by a different team? Trickster developed 2010 but already had the 09 build to work from.

If the reddit comments concerning Trickstar's previous incarnation Transmission and their reported practices are true it would explain an awful lot.

thefonz

Banned
Correct me if i am wrong, he was the Lead programmer on AC13?

I wish them well and success, NOT the management.

Shouldn't the programming staff have refused to allow the game to be presented in the state that it was?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
That's not something they would have a say in. I'm pretty sure there are some existing posts from a while back on the TMG/Trickstar thing. We were aware that they had left a whole load of unpaid creditors and a bad taste in the mouth while reforming. I think Ross had posted about it too.

Users who are viewing this thread