AWARDS AWARDS 2017 - General Discussion

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Hmm - having problems with the intended way I was going to handle the voting. In previous years we had a more fancy form thing, but we may need to fall back to just PMing votes through.

I'll look into it a little bit more, but if I can't work it out by the middle of the week, I'll just open up voting with the low tech way of doing it...
Google Forms are pretty easy?
Google Forms are easy but I think we can't put a validation in it to stop bogus votes. I think anybody can vote with a link, they don't even have to be PC members, so maybe anybody can use it. PMs are great but it is a lot of head ache for Mattw to count.

@MattW How will the voting be. One person One vote or three votes like the first name gets 5 points, second person gets 3 points and the last person gets 1 point.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW How will the voting be. One person One vote or three votes like the first name gets 5 points, second person gets 3 points and the last person gets 1 point.
Just one vote per category - I'd prefer something either ranked choice or using range voting, but that was far too complex to try and implement.

I did achieve the fancier way of voting, so the voting is here: https://www.planetcricket.org/awards-2017.php

I won't enter into any discussion of who/what is nominated or not - the list is final. Best Forum Innovation was dropped as a category as the only successful nomination was also in another category.

People can, if they are desperate enough, post in this thread "campaigning" - but doing so by direct messaging will result in you being ineligible for winning.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can’t believe I’m nominated for something if I’m honest

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI