Bangladesh in India - (Feb 2017)

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
This season certainly yes from june 2016 to April 2017 India have more matches than any other country but Pak is not that behind.
They are getting almost the same chunk as India or other teams.
India - 17
Pakistan - 15 (including 3 against west Indies in April)
England - 14
Australia - 13

Hmm but out of these 15 of Pakistan, 12 are outside Asia atleast for this season...

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Feel India might have missed a trick in this game. Would've been much better to give someone like Kuldeep a chance over Ashwin because the latter is confirmed to play against Australia anyway. Why not try something new? Same with Vijay. Could've been rested for Abhinav who has been fantastic in the Ranji trophy. This was the best game to experiment, without any real pressure.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Few things that I noticed during whatever little I saw of this match.

(1) Umesh Yadav's spell in the morning session of the 3rd day was probably the best I have seen him bowl. I think he bowled a nine overs spell and that was just fire. He was reverse swinging the ball both ways at a very good pace and showed excellent control.

(2) Even though Ishant was expensive in both of opening spells, he came back very well and he is FINALLY showing that he is a bowler with an experiance of 70 test matches.

(3) KL Rahul needs to give himself some time before going for his shots. I feel that he is trying to be over aggressive sometimes and ends up playing a loose shot.

It was good to see the test match going to 5th day and India got a pretty good workout before Australia series.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Feel India might have missed a trick in this game. Would've been much better to give someone like Kuldeep a chance over Ashwin because the latter is confirmed to play against Australia anyway. Why not try something new? Same with Vijay. Could've been rested for Abhinav who has been fantastic in the Ranji trophy. This was the best game to experiment, without any real pressure.
I still don't feel we should not experiment against Bangladesh. They are not that team anymore. Yes, we might have tried Abhinav. But Ashwin is a key player in tests and unless we are playing against Zimbabwe, SL or WI, we should not experiment against any other teams.

Users who are viewing this thread