Bangladesh tour of West Indies - 2018

Bhumi

Club Captain
19 wickets day gave victory to WI by 166 runs 2/0 congratulations

Holder 11 wickets in a Test

Shakib 's 86 (54+32) & 6 for 33 in vain

WI 354 & 129
BD 149 & 168[DOUBLEPOST=1531613340][/DOUBLEPOST]Westindies vs Bangladesh 3 ODI in wi coming up

3 T20I will stage in Florida too after ODI

July 22 - Aug 05,2018

SiriusBlack

ICC Chairman
Anyone who follows them closely agree/disagree and advise why they have struggled for so many years now?

I haven't followed them closely for a couple of years since moving out but the problem has been apparent for a while - the board. Board appointments were usually political, there was no emphasis on developing a solid domestic cricket structure, failures were usually blamed on a scapegoat (usually Shakib, who is literally our greatest athlete of all time without competition) instead of being investigated critically, talents were not nurtured after a certain point... I could go on, but those are the major ones that come to mind. This was around 2015/16 though, so I'm not sure if things have improved since then. If we had a proper administrative structure, especially one that wasn't politicized, we would probably be at a point where we could regularly challenge for major international trophies.

they really seem to have gone backwards the longer they play international cricket

I think that's a major exaggeration because we have had success at/around home. Years ago, I remember hoping that we bat through 50 overs, then hoping to make 200, then hoping we start winning against Zimbabwe and so on.. In Tests, we'd be happy if we didn't lose by an innings or play through 5 days. Coming from that to winning ODI series against several major nations at home, reaching the Champions Trophy semi finals (even though rain helped us, that New Zealand chase was legendary), beating England, Sri Lanka and freaking Australia in tests - that was all unthinkable 10, even 5-6 years ago. We have a long way to go but there's always talent coming in. A nation smaller than Texas but half the population of the US, there's plenty of competition and nothing to lose. The current generation of players laid an incredible foundation, and if we can build on it with the help of a proper administration, we'll probably win a few trophies in the next couple of decades.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think that's a major exaggeration because we have had success at/around home. Years ago, I remember hoping that we bat through 50 overs, then hoping to make 200, then hoping we start winning against Zimbabwe and so on.. In Tests, we'd be happy if we didn't lose by an innings or play through 5 days. Coming from that to winning ODI series against several major nations at home, reaching the Champions Trophy semi finals (even though rain helped us, that New Zealand chase was legendary), beating England, Sri Lanka and freaking Australia in tests - that was all unthinkable 10, even 5-6 years ago. We have a long way to go but there's always talent coming in. A nation smaller than Texas but half the population of the US, there's plenty of competition and nothing to lose. The current generation of players laid an incredible foundation, and if we can build on it with the help of a proper administration, we'll probably win a few trophies in the next couple of decades.

Ah thanks for the insight - my comment was just a generalisation from someone on the outside of things Bangladeshi wise. It's clear from your post there has been improvement and your expectations increasing over time reflects that
I recall reading somewhere it took Sri Lanka 25 years or something before winning a test against a major team so I guess Bangladesh are improving at a better rate and patience is needed?

Bhumi

Club Captain
Admin Z

Subject about tests matches can you change subject plus merge ODI here?

Bhumi

Club Captain
BD bats 1 for 1 vs WI in the first ODI at Guyana
Tamim and Shakib not out batsman
Holder 1/1/0/1

Andrell Russell returned in WI team after 365 days, 39 Dot ball in the first 10 over but eversince
Batting team cut loose.

2nd wicket stand of 207 by Tamim 130* & Shakib 97 Helped Bangladesh beat Home team westindies
By 48 runs in 1 of 3 ODI at Guyana

Bangladesh scored 71 in last 6 overs.

BD 278 for 7
Rahim 30 off 11.Shakib 97, Tamim 130*

Westindies 231 for 9
Gayle 40 run out.Hetmyer 52
Mortaza 4 wickets.Mustafizur 10/0/32/2

BD won by 48 runs

Last edited:

Bhumi

Club Captain
BD chasing 271 just lost both set batsman Tamim and Shakib after both hits 50's.Nurse 10/1/34/1

Bishoo's next 24 ball could be vital of out-come of the series as ball turns too much.

Earlier Hetmyer hits 93 ball 125 with 7 sixes but windies lost last 6 wickets for 65 runs.

BD needs 105 in last 90 balls with mushy on 12

Bhumi

Club Captain
Mustafizur/ Shakib grabbed two while Rubel took 3 wickets.Mahmudullah on 13 just dropped by Gayle off bishoo

Mushy (50*) and M'Dullah (37) add 87 in partnership.

BD need 37 off 4 over.spinner did wonderful job for home team

Last edited:

Bhumi

Club Captain
Holders final over BD lost Rahim for 68 plus next 5 balls WI captain gave 4 runs as BD lost by 3 runs

Last game will be thriller as both team won with 1/1 each

Bhumi

Club Captain
Holders final over BD lost Rahim for 68 plus next 5 balls WI captain gave 4 runs as BD lost by 3 runs

Last game will be thriller as both team won with 1/1 each

Bangladesh won toss bats first, beautiful sunny day here, well I do not think its Guyana.Live game on Sony ESPN
I wonder why they not have on Sony ESPN HD?, last week, I paid 75 rupees (monthly) just for HD service for one channel.

Tamim iqbal and Anamul-(23 off 9. last game) open
Once again

Last edited:

Bhumi

Club Captain
Cottrell came in place of Andre Russell.Too many wide and no ball in the first over,tamim caught on Free hit

After 1 over 6 for 0

Bhumi

Club Captain
Anamul struggle today - 10 off 31 ball, NRR under 3.75
After 10 - BD 37/1.Anamul perished on short pitch bowling of Holder.

New batsman Shakib and not out batsman (21*) tamim has
11500 career runs.I wish they starts platform in the 3rd
Game as well.

207 in the first Game
124 in the 2nd.Game

Bhumi

Club Captain
Bishoo unlucky as Hemyer dropped half chance offered by tamim ,next over,Windies take review on close catch but turn down reviews by third umpire.Fine spell by Devendra so far
I wonder why Kemo Paul not bowls in power play?

62/1 off 15

Users who are viewing this thread