Bangladesh Tour of Zimbabwe April/May 2013

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Zimbabwe v Bangladesh | Cricket news, live scores, fixtures, features and statistics on ESPN Cricinfo

1st Test - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Wed Apr 17 - Sun Apr 21
Harare Sports Club

2nd Test - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Thu Apr 25 - Mon Apr 29
Harare Sports Club

1st ODI - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Fri May 3
Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo N/A

2nd ODI - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Sun May 5

3rd ODI - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Wed May 8

1st T20I - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Sat May 11

2nd T20I - Zimbabwe v Bangladesh
Sun May 12
Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo

Hence forth to be known as the thread no one is going to post in except maybe me, at least until it gets embarrassing replying to myself over and over again.

However, I AM looking forward to this. I've been following bangladesh a lot more closely the last year or two, and there have been big improvements. I'm a bit frustrated they seem unable to get their best players all off the injury table at the same time as some consistency would be nice, especially because right now they're earning that consistency with performances and not having to drop people every series. Nassir Hossain is looking like another piece in the long term puzzle so I'd like to see him at 5 (I think he works well as a lower order player, but 7 is just ridiculous) this series and maybe get some attention.

so come on, have a break from complaining about the IPL (please god won't someone think of the children! or 'please gods' even, some multicultural casual blasphemy for you there.) and lets watch some test cricket. just look at this thread flying away up there all on it's own in the International Tours and Events forum, it's this or nothing.

Last edited:

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It is potentially interesting. Bangladesh are in good form, but touring is another story, even to the fairly slow wickets in Zimbabwe. Coverage isn't going to be great, though.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I'll be keeping an eye on this series, one eye more than I would have in the past...just because there is no other 'proper' cricket on at the moment :yes

I'm coming from the other side, I'd like to see Zimbabwe step up and do well here.

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Most recent squad; after all the winter contract controversy. Will be trimmed by five sometime tomorrow:

1. Brendan Taylor
2. Sikandar Raza Butt
3. Tendai Chatara
4. Elton Chigumbura
5. Michael Chinouya
6. Graeme Cremer
7. Kyle Jarvis
8. Timycen Maruma
9. Hamilton Masakadza
10. Shingirai Masakadza
11. Keegan Meth
12. Natsai M?shangwe
13. Tinotenda Mutombodzi
14. Richmond Mutumbami
15. Raymond Price
16. Vusimuzi Sibanda
17. Prosper Utseya
18. Malcolm Waller
19. Brian Vitori
20. Sean Williams

The Pakistan born Raza should debut at some point in the tour. An aggressive batsmen from what I've heard, and seen on scorecards. Vitori has appeared again from somewhere, have no idea where he disappeared to?

A few injuries; with Chakabva & Mawoyo not likely to take part in much of the series. Mpofu could be back after the 1st test.

Craig Ervine's decided to play club cricket in England instead.

Good chance for some of the fringe players. Mutumbami was in good form at the end of the domestic season, so looking forward to see how he goes. :)

Last edited:

troll3y

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Sri Lanka
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Most recent squad; after all the winter contract controversy.
It's a shame now that both Ervine brothers are casualties of ZU. We can only hope that Craig's dispute is just for the winter.

Is this series being televised anywhere on TV or radio? One way or another, I'll certainly be keeping an eye on these games, though I do wish that Zimbabwe and Bangladesh spent less time playing each other and more time playing competitively against higher-ranked Test opponents. Still, white-clothes cricket is a commodity in the needlessly-large IPL window of the cricketing calendar, and after the great Namibia-Netherlands ICup game, I'm hoping these Tests will be just as interesting.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Love these type of series' between the smaller nations, it's actually competitive, so yeah, will definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
zimbabwe's average quick bowlers versus should make for a balanced contest against bangladesh's average batting line up. imo where the series will be won or lost is how much purchase bangladesh's spinners can get and whether it's enough to put zimbabwe under pressure.

the zimmers managed to make shillingford and samuels look like warne and murali bowling in tandem in the west indies recently but the west indies tend to lean towards spinning tracks these days whereas zimbabwe still plays a bit bouncier. I reckon bangla's spinners will take the bulk of there wickets no matter the conditions, if they take them at 20 a piece series goes to bangladesh, if it's too flat and some of them are up in the 40s series goes to zimbabwe.

S

Satan666

I'll be keeping an eye on this series, one eye more than I would have in the past...just because there is no other 'proper' cricket on at the moment :yes

I'm coming from the other side, I'd like to see Zimbabwe step up and do well here.

Haha, same thing here mate and should be an interesting match up.

Looking forward to the Zims winning outright!

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Looking forward to this one :)

Bangladesh are the favourites but you cannot rule out Zimbabwe on their own patch. Brendan Taylor is the key man for me, he struggled in the West Indies but i think he'll come good batting in familiar conditions.

Owzat

International Coach
Love these type of series' between the smaller nations, it's actually competitive, so yeah, will definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

I quite like Zimbabwe, shame of all the troubles they had after having a decent side with the likes of Grant and Andy Flower, Murray Goodwin, Paul and Bryan Strang, Guy Whittall and a few others to make a half decent side, plus more recent players who have since disappeared due to the trouble.

Shame this can't be a regular contest with other weaker sides in a second tier, top sides thrashing minnows is about as boring as it gets and these two sides being snubbed by the top sides as much as they can get away with is stupid. They play them because they have to, they clearly don't really want to.

Hope this will be a good and close contest, shame they couldn't fit three Tests in since I doubt other sides are queuing up to play them more than once or twice.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Shame this can't be a regular contest with other weaker sides in a second tier, top sides thrashing minnows is about as boring as it gets and these two sides being snubbed by the top sides as much as they can get away with is stupid. They play them because they have to, they clearly don't really want to.

Couldn't agree more!

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well i did say that Brendan Taylor was going to be the key man for Zimbabwe and he scored a very important Hundred for his team.

ricky87

Club Captain
Well i did say that Brendan Taylor was going to be the key man for Zimbabwe and he scored a very important Hundred for his team.

Yes, very good innings and well played to Waller too. Hopefully they can now get to 350 and put some pressure on Bangladesh.

And the fans don't want to watch it too. There should be a series between these two sides plus Afghanistan and Ireland to decide who is the best and for a chance to play against the bigger Test nations.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
it's been a bit rubbish really, taylor's looked a class apart and waller didn't sound bad but the rest of zimbabwe's batsmen sound like they were pretty guff and only survived so long because bangladesh were so guff themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread