Bat assigning Tutorial

sunsamrat1980

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
There are two things that have bugged me most in C2005.
The one is wrong faces for Asian players and two worst possible bat collection.

I know that many of our forum members have started making some high quality bats, but still the bats are not assigned correctly to Default players in C2005 which again does not help much.

I did some research and finally found that it is indeed possible to assign different bats to Default players which will now make the game more real.

For example, now Yuvraj will no longer carry Sachin's MRF bat.

Check the below screenshot of roster file for Tendulkar. The position of vaue '13' indicates the bat.
The hex value of '13' is 19. Adding 1 to it will make it 20 and that is the bat # 20 that is assigned to Tendulkar. For Yuvraj singh also, the bat number at this position is '13' and hence he is also assigned bat 20.

So in order to assign a particular bat to a player, open the roster file (.ros) in the hex editor and search for your player.
Look for the particular location (as '13'in below screenshot) and change it to required bat number.

Remember bat number in game = (Decimal equivalent of Hex Value in Roster) + 1.

Hope this makes sense.

Attachments

• bat-pos.jpg
    bat-pos.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 367

ronny_kingsley

Club Cricketer
Cooooooooooooooooool cocncept. Reps for you mate.

Now looking forward to a player editor from you or Prakash very soon .

langerrox

International Coach
good work man hopefully will see complete version soon:D rep 4u

jeromedascorp

Club Cricketer
Just have one question/request. Is it possible to add players to the roster file using the Hex? If so then could someone add Dinesh Kartik for India? I mean he has played a lot more cricket for India than Parthiv Patel has in recent months, and I think he deserves to be in this game.

And also being from Madras I wanna see more Tamil cricketers :p

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
sunsamrat1980 said:
There are two things that have bugged me most in C2005.
The one is wrong faces for Asian players and two worst possible bat collection.

I know that many of our forum members have started making some high quality bats, but still the bats are not assigned correctly to Default players in C2005 which again does not help much.

I did some research and finally found that it is indeed possible to assign different bats to Default players which will now make the game more real.

For example, now Yuvraj will no longer carry Sachin's MRF bat.

Check the below screenshot of roster file for Tendulkar. The position of vaue '13' indicates the bat.
The hex value of '13' is 19. Adding 1 to it will make it 20 and that is the bat # 20 that is assigned to Tendulkar. For Yuvraj singh also, the bat number at this position is '13' and hence he is also assigned bat 20.

So in order to assign a particular bat to a player, open the roster file (.ros) in the hex editor and search for your player.
Look for the particular location (as '13'in below screenshot) and change it to required bat number.

Remember bat number in game = (Decimal equivalent of Hex Value in Roster) + 1.

Hope this makes sense.

See the thread I posted on editing player profiles.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Just a quick note on assigning bat names regarding editing the correct bytes. Where sunsamrat has highlighted the last four bytes there are in fact 5.
The last two bytes are nationality and go as follows:
Ban 00 02
Eng 08 00
Ind 10 00
SL 00 08
Zim 00 20
WI 00 10
Aus 01 00
SAF 00 04
Pak 00 02
NZ 00 01

The effect of this is that bats for players from SL, NZ, SAF, Pak, Zim, WI are controlled by the 5th last byte and not the 4th last although this is still byte 234.
E.g For Brian Lara, the byte indicated not the one on the right:

larapic.jpg

MWaugh

International Coach
i dont know about you guys but as soon as it gets to the hex stage im totally lost

Users who are viewing this thread