Bat making tutorial for BLIC!

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Ok, here is a tutorial to make bats for BLIC :) .

Requirements:
Baggi Studios/BAG Importer
A decent bat picture
Decent photo editing software (Preferably photoshop).

And the bat template (This is my view of it, if you have a better template just tell me ;)):
battemplate.png

Just ignore the bits that are not colored but are wood at the moment.

Step 1: Open your photo editing software and then open the bat template and the picture you going to make your bat from. I'm going to make the Smasher API-G in this tutorial. Remember your bat pic can't bee too small and must be clear, otherwise it will be bad quality.

Step1.jpg

Step 2: Using the rectangle tool select the front of the bat, copy it and paste it onto your template. Resize it until it covers the whole of the front panel. Do the same for the back.

It should now look something like this:

Step2.jpg

Step 3: Use the smudge/eraser tool to remove any white bits like at the bottom of the back of this bat.

Step3.jpg

Step 4: Now to do the sides. Since this bat hasn't got anything on the sides, theres nothing to worry about. All you have to do is sellect a bit of wood of the front of the bat, copy and paste it then re-size it to fill up the side panels. Also do this for the bits of wood at the top and bottom of the bats.

Step4.jpg

Step 5: Now for the last part of editing the bat. Select the grip using the rectangle tool and paste it in, then re-size it over the grip panel until it fits. Bat done :). (Seeing as the grip in the picture wasn't very good, i'm going to use another grip)

Step5.jpg

Step 6: Now it's time to save it. This part should be read by photoshop users ONLY. Save it as .PSD first so you can save your layers if there is a problem. Then save is as .DDS using the DDS plug-in. Make sure under the mipmaps option it says 5 mipmaps. Then just save.

Step6.jpg

People without photoshop convert using the Baggi Studios in-built converter.

Step 7: Now to add it into the game. Open Baggi Studios/Bag Importer. Click open then go to x:yourhardrive > Programme Files > Codemasters > Brian Lara International Cricket 2005 > Data and open "REPLACE.BAG". Then just find a bat you don't like (e.g. NEWBERRY_BAT_01) and just replace with your DDS file!. Remember to check the DDS preview to check if it works properly.

Step7.jpg

Don't worry about the preview if it looks like that. That is jsut the mipmaps. You should only worry if the preview is a grey box or just a tiny little box with nothing.

Now run the game and check out your awesome bat :cool:.

Drewska ;).

PS: First 3 people to make bats get reps :).

Attachments

• Smasherapig_present.gif
    Smasherapig_present.gif
    70.8 KB · Views: 506

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
great great work , just great.

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

hondeyho

International Cricketer
Good work Drewska, although it is a bit confusing and different from how I do it.

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Now we will see more BLIC bats and all thanks to Drewska. ;)

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks Usy :). I found there was a lot more c2k5 download compared to BLIC, so I thought this would increase the amount of BLIC downloads :).

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Great work mate!! I wanted to create them but i don't have the game so I cant import it back!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread