Batting in career mode is a serious issue

Srutarshi Dutta

School Cricketer
Hi guys, I've also struggled with spin but I've kinda worked it out or it works for me at least. You have yo monitor the field and play the gaps but you can almost every time start unsettling the bowler with well timed shots of your legs. I generally always stand plumb in front if my wicket and play a few leg glances at first to force him to change the field.

Reverse sweep and sweep are powerful tools aswell but they generally work you out and set you up quick if you over use. NEVER go onto the back foot EVER!!!
:)
Once the field spreads to behind the wicket to stop you from playing off your legs and sweeping then gaps will appear in front of the wicket. If there is no long on or long off a powerful blow or two over his head can force him again to plug a hole and expose somewhere else. Normally it opens up either long on or long off, just now keep pushing those gaps for singles and rotate the strike. From here on in, play wherever the gaps appear. Also try not to play straight with spin, results in too many catches unless there is no long on or long off and you can power hit.
Hope that helps guys.
:)

----------

Average in first class - 34
Average in 50 over - 37
Average in T20 - 42

Srutarshi Dutta

School Cricketer
I struggled a lot initially and was not able to score beyond 20s and 30s in the English county matches and less than 10 in the P40/T20 matches. I then started a new career in the Australian domestic league and adopted the following strategies:
- Watch line of ball. If its a semi circle looking like a C, its on the leg. A semi-circle shaped like a reverse C is in the line of the off stump or outside the off. A full circle is a ball in line to the stumps.
- Use leg glances and defensive shots at the start to build player confidence. If a ball is on the line of leg or in line to the stumps hit leg glances or towards the mid wicket or on the mid on. In case there are no fielders at mid on, long on or wide on hit lofted shots to get some quick runs.

I am consistently getting good runs as an opening batsman, 3 FC centuries in the last 2 matches and over 50 in the last 3 ODIs.

I would also recommend spending time with the career player at the nets to improve their front foot and onside skills to get better results in matches.

Users who are viewing this thread