Best Spin Attack?

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Noticed a lot of teams have been going in with two spinners. Just want to get thoughts on which team you guys think have the best spinners. Here are the choices.

South Africa: Botha and Van Der Merwe

Both are really good in containing the singles, and apply a choke hold on the players. Rarely give away any boundries. Lack of wickets may be a concern with both, (Especially Botha) but that's not their role in the team. They do an excellent jobs. Averages aren't everything.

Pakistan: Afridi and Ajmal

These two have become deadly together. Ajmal does very well in containing the bowlers and Afridi bowls very aggressive on the other end. Together they make it very tough in the middle overs, and they follow up the good work of the pacers.

Sri Lanka: Murili and Mendis

Both are very weird in the right sense of the word. Their numbers speak for themselves, but like I said stats don't say everything. Mendis has sort of been blown off the radar and Murili has been dropped.

New Zealand: Vettori

Because he is good enough to be a one man team. :cool:

I'd say that South Africa and Pakistan are both ahead by nice margins. Pakistan might be a little ahead, as their two spinners have preformed better thus far. But little separates them.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Amit and Bhajji, who are probably going to be united tomorrow, will steal the show I think.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Between Van Der Merwe and Botha of South Africa and Afridi and Ajmal of Pakistan for me. Murali and Mendis have been very dissappointing.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe Van Der Merwe is worth something but Botha sucks as much as any spinner. That guy is just horrible.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
Maybe Van Der Merwe is worth something but Botha sucks as much as any spinner. That guy is just horrible.

What are you on about? Botha is a very good spinner, and he is a very good player. You probably just looked at his stats and saw his bowling average. Like I said, it isn't about stats. He brings much more to the team. His role is to contain the batsman, and he does it very well.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
There spinners bowled awful today, Shah was hitting sixes off them like it was a walk in the park.

Ya we should totally judge a player from one match. Sachin is also a horrible player because he didn't score any runs yesterday. I love the logic being used here!

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
What are you on about? Botha is a very good spinner, and he is a very good player. You probably just looked at his stats and saw his bowling average. Like I said, it isn't about stats. He brings much more to the team. His role is to contain the batsman, and he does it very well.

when you average 40 in ODI cricket with a strike rate of 53 it doesn't matter what you contain you just suck. They would be much better of playing another pace bowler and having Merwe as the only spinner. Botha is just crap.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
He's right. Botha's stats don't show how good he is. He's got superb control, good variation and very rarely goes round the park. He creates pressure at one end whilst Van Der Merwe and the other quicks do the damage at the other. He's a key part of the SA line-up and balances their side perfectly. They've got 4 seamers in Steyn, Parnell, Kallis and Morkel and then the 2 spinners + Duminy offer very good spin variation. Sometimes you have to look beyond the stats.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
ahahah ok, good retreat.

35d816t.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread