Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
MattW submitted a new blog post

Big Ant's TableTop Cricket heading for early 2015 release

Big Ant Studios, developers of Don Bradman Cricket 14, announced Table Top Cricket around two years ago now, but focus on the main cricket game has seen it pushed back a number of times from an originally announced 'early-2013' date. Beyond a trailer released of the game at the time, not much is known about the game, other than being a more casual cricket game than DBC14, with a pick up and play focus.

On Twitter overnight, the Big Ant Studios account confirmed that the game is headed for release in Early 2015, and also making a reference to the World Cup that will be going on in Australia and New Zealand around that time,
@ANNADATASAI It's forecast for early 2015 to coincide with a small tournament that's going on down here :) [HASHTAG]#TTC[/HASHTAG]

— Big Ant Studios (@BigAntStudios) November 21, 2014

Previously on the PlanetCricket forums, Big Ant Studios have noted that the game has been approved on PlayStation 4, which might make it Big Ant's first step onto the new generation of consoles, with there still being no word as to the potential release of Don Bradman Cricket onto that console or the Xbox One.

Screenshots from the preview trailer:

[nggallery id=32]

Are you looking forward to the release of TableTop Cricket?
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited:

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
On what platforms is this game releasing ?

SPECULATION - I don't think it's been 100% confirmed, but I think we can assume that it will be PS3 and 360 (as there has been talk of assets shared with DBC, and those are the platforms that would have been around when this first got announced). As Matt says above PS4 was approved by Sony a year ago, so that's pretty certain as well and, that being the case, in all probability would be XB1 as well. Assuming that the DRM is also now working out, then PC too. END SPECULATION.

Actually MORE speculation. I just saw all those "Tabletop Baseball" adverts in the trailer again, so I would think that must be being developed in parallel. So if that's the case, then a DBC-esque full Baseball game is my new red-hot favourite for the "other" sport that keeps getting hinted at. It would be a natural progression and opens up a potential US market for that engine.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Rugby 15 has only domestic licenses. So now Big Ant Rugby Union can release for the WC. [HASHTAG]#ohyes[/HASHTAG]

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Rugby 15 has only domestic licenses. So now Big Ant Rugby Union can release for the WC. [HASHTAG]#ohyes[/HASHTAG]

Certainly it prompts the thought that SOMEone SOMEwhere must be making one if the license isn't being used in the HB game.

No-one is throwing around WILD theories recently: need to shake that up. :)

Asham

International Coach
Kings XI
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looking forward to it Can it will release over PC and PS3

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Certainly it prompts the thought that SOMEone SOMEwhere must be making one if the license isn't being used in the HB game.

No-one is throwing around WILD theories recently: need to shake that up. :)
It's certainly a fairly "big" omission which prompts the thought as you say someone somewhere might be doing something. Unlike the last rugby games where one game had some international licenses and another game had other ones, there are NO international licenses in Rugby 15, so it's possible a large studio has an IRB license?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
SPECULATION - I don't think it's been 100% confirmed, but I think we can assume that it will be PS3 and 360 (as there has been talk of assets shared with DBC, and those are the platforms that would have been around when this first got announced). As Matt says above PS4 was approved by Sony a year ago, so that's pretty certain as well and, that being the case, in all probability would be XB1 as well. Assuming that the DRM is also now working out, then PC too. END SPECULATION.

Actually MORE speculation. I just saw all those "Tabletop Baseball" adverts in the trailer again, so I would think that must be being developed in parallel. So if that's the case, then a DBC-esque full Baseball game is my new red-hot favourite for the "other" sport that keeps getting hinted at. It would be a natural progression and opens up a potential US market for that engine.

It will likely not make it to Xbox360, it's a Microsoft Publishing issue.

First release will be PS3 and PC, Xbox One and PS4 will follow later.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
It will likely not make it to Xbox360, it's a Microsoft Publishing issue.

First release will be PS3 and PC, Xbox One and PS4 will follow later.

Are you self-publishing?

Off-Topic: Rugby is WEIRD. It released this week everywhere except the UK and US, where it won't release until January. I guess this is to coincide it with the 6 Nations, but seems very odd to do that. Mind you, by the sounds of it there are many issues with it on release, so hopefully some might be fixed by then!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Yes, truly self publishing this time around.

Everything about the Rugby 15 release is weird! Really scratching my head....[DOUBLEPOST=1416831694][/DOUBLEPOST]PS: Got Jetpack Joyride Deluxe coming out for PS3/Vita this week in US, next week in SCEE.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Off Topic: @blockerdave have you played Rugby 15 yet?
Nope... I think it only releases here in Feb? I saw the other day it said in steam it would unlock in an hour, then went back later and it said not available yet - guess it only unlocked in Aus/NZ.

The controls looked pretty good - I noticed some Big Ant Style innovations such as using the stick for conversions etc. I will probably end up getting it - mother in law comes next week so I'll have more free time! Also only have to be in the office 1 day in the whole of Dec.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
@blockerdave Surprised it's not on Steam globally? Didn't know they could region lock UK out of Aus/NZ - learn something every day :)

My Big Ant Steam library's looking good... Ashes 2013, Rugby 15... they should make me a curator. If I could gift you my Steam copy I would.

Users who are viewing this thread