Big Bash Boom | Big Ant's New Game

• Thread starter Deleted member 185125
  • Start date

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Kids hardly plays cricket may be which genre of kids they are talking about is a question mark.
1 to 10 years kids hardly plays games on consoles if they play that to they won't play cricket.
One above 13 years old will not fall for this type of game.
As they have started playing in field themselves.
If you all remember Sachin Tendulkar debut was when he was 16 year old to international cricket and he must have started in nets when he was 8 or 10 years old.
Big Ant should really recruit you to do their market research, Dean.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am already looking for means to get this game from somewhere else, when it’s out, HK Store will never have it. Will get it either through an old US Account, or will ask someone from India to get it for me, or through US Amazon!

About the game’s look (very limited look), though I’d love a proper authentic cricket experience, I would still buy this. I remember that DBC 14 was my first game that I bought from my own saved money, so Big Ant has a special place in my heart. I am definitely buying this, though I might buy it a week so after release.

I have bought many games of BA so far:
DBC 14 (PC)
Tabletop Cricket (PC)
DBC 17 (PC and PS4)
Ashes Cricket (PS4)
AO Tennis (PS4)

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Still batting physics in dbc 17 is much better in dbc 17.
Ball should never go through bat.
Only few bugs were there which was not patched.
Neither it had buggy sweeps.
Neither ideal timing missing the ball.
Gameplay was better.
Only way ashes better than dbc 17 is improve Ai that's it.
Timing window is not perfect in ashes.
It's has overpowered bowling 160 km Yorkers not justified.
Seam angle input has a ghosting effect.
There are dead zone where you see you hit in the line of the ball but the ball will go through the bat.

For someone who isn’t buying this game, you sure are posting about it a lot.

Oh wait, this has nothing to do with the game. Take it to another thread. Final warning.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Kids hardly plays cricket may be which genre of kids they are talking about is a question mark.
1 to 10 years kids hardly plays games on consoles if they play that to they won't play cricket.
One above 13 years old will not fall for this type of game.
As they have started playing in field themselves.
If you all remember Sachin Tendulkar debut was when he was 16 year old to international cricket and he must have started in nets when he was 8 or 10 years old.

Just utter, nonsensical drivel. Absolute, unequivocal garbage posting.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just utter, nonsensical drivel. Absolute, unequivocal garbage posting.
I came back to this form after months, and I am still seeing you manage such things, thank you Snowy.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
It is nauseating and would be equally disturbing to see men getting equal representation just for the heck of it in a video game about figure skating.

So sorry I was away and missed this piece of insight.

FYI Women were banned from competitive Figure Skating for years after competitions started to run. They weren't equally represented until much, much later. Pairs skating is a huge draw. Males still get equal representation.

The story of skating is a playbook for how other sports need to develop. I applaud Cricket for pushing so hard on this and making it the norm, which is what happens when you give equality a chance.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I definitely won't be paying that much money for an arcade cricket game, doubt much other people will either. Looks designed purely for children!

I'm not a hundred percent sure that's a bad thing. Children need something a bit more shiny to get them into the sport. Once in, their taste matures and their skills develop. Ross always said that a key thing was to breed a new generation of sports fans and invest in getting them involved (ditto women). This seems like a step in that direction.

lexluger

Club Captain
So sorry I was away and missed this piece of insight.

FYI Women were banned from competitive Figure Skating for years after competitions started to run. They weren't equally represented until much, much later. Pairs skating is a huge draw. Males still get equal representation.

The story of skating is a playbook for how other sports need to develop. I applaud Cricket for pushing so hard on this and making it the norm, which is what happens when you give equality a chance.

My point is women don't need to do the same things as men in order to be regarded as successful. It goes the other way too. I stand by my statement.

I have already deviated quite a lot from the topic on this thread and would prefer to discuss this in another one if necessary. Quite a lot of these pro women posters including some mods on here decided to throw insults at my direction just because I said women's cricket on the cover of a video game is just a PC initiative and is totally not based on merit.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Imagine being so disconnected with reality that you think “pro women” is a thing.

It’s a video game cover. Get over it.

lexluger

Club Captain
Those damn “Pro women posters”, with their lack of sexism and discrimination I tell ya! Can’t believe so many people are pro women!!!

It’s a video game cover. Get over it.

Just because I post about it, don't think I am carrying around an axe like a berserker. Making offhand interpretation of what I actually meant to say and picking out selective parts of my post is not a reasonable way to make your point either.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
If you’re inclined to use language like “pro women”, I think that gives enough contextual clues to your point of view.

It’s a Big Bash game. There is a Women’s Big Bash league. Combined with the increasing popularity of women’s cricket, I don’t even know why this is a conversation.

lexluger

Club Captain
If you’re inclined to use language like “pro women”, I think that gives enough contextual clues to your point of view.

It’s a Big Bash game. There is a Women’s Big Bash league. Combined with the increasing popularity of women’s cricket, I don’t even know why this is a conversation.

My question was how is this game going to help big ant make money especially with their piss poor promotional campaign? Are they looking to make a game that builds on their work this far or are they trying to score brownie points by jumping on the PC bandwagon?

Call it whatever you want but I have said this multiple times. I have nothing against women/ any group being successful but what bothers me is this idea that they should be made to do everything that men do without there being an actual reason or need for it. What we see on the internet and to a degree in the real world are a bunch of misandrists who are quick to jump to conclusions and don't even know why or what they are fighting for. Women should find other ways to be successful and are more than capable of doing so too. Doing the same things as men after all this, is no progress.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread