Big Bash Boom | Big Ant's New Game

• Thread starter Deleted member 185125
  • Start date

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
just tried a casual match - i was brisbane heat and took on renegades. in the team lineups i put four spinners in the renegade team and one seamer. i played 5 overs and only 1 over was pace and 4 overs were spin. could only manage 40 runs in 5 overs. definitely spin is tougher to score off. so the AI pace bowling needs to be stiffer as 90 percent
of AI pace bowling goes out the park. normally with one over of spin and 4 overs of pace i score between 90 and 110 in a five over match.

You can still easily hit 4's and 6's off spinners, at the end of the day it's purely down to front/back foot and timing. I'd imagine this update in testing will likely be to finish the power-ups that were implemented last patch but weren't finished, so had no sound and no reaction from the cringe commentator when triggered.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
We have a new patch for Big Bash Boom on PS4, Xbox One, and PC (Switch coming soon) that adds two new minigames: Longest Six - Aim big! Tippity- You must run on every hit - if you miss or you are out then game over. Both minigames have full leaderboards, so show us your stuff!

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Don't understand why these weren't included at the start of the game...
yeh I know I think I might pick it up next year hopefully next year they will do a roster update or on sale on steam will you plz do a video on the update plz

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Game is still too easy really, once you have timing down it's a cakewalk... Will try these mini games to see if they are any different.

Longest Six is dull as hell, just you vs a bowler, locked to medium difficulty and they give you the double strength power-up right away, doesn't appear to be a time limit or anything, basically only way to stop is to quit or somehow not hit a six...

Tippity is still all about timing, they don't tally your score either, so you have no clue what you've made (unless you count it out each ball and tally) until you get out or don't run.

Last edited:

jan52

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I dont see broadcast camera option in settings, is it embedded in menu somewhere that I couldnt find?

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They keep implementing things unfinished or that are seemingly broken, given this Ashes sequel is next, I'd say maybe one or two more patches for this at best.
Yep we need one important batting camera that should be in between batting close and batting far cams.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
It's quite weird how they didn't transfer the transparent wicket keeper into this game, makes facing spin a bit awkward from that camera angle.

D

Deleted member 9102

Just noticed this thread, first time I'd heard of this game so I searched it on Steam... £44.99?! What the...? I'd expect £15 at most for a game like this...

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Just noticed this thread, first time I'd heard of this game so I searched it on Steam... £44.99?! What the...? I'd expect £15 at most for a game like this...

Between $79 and $100 AUD here, I think it launched much cheaper in other regions but then the price went up, we debated it at the time thinking how many games launch at a lower reasonable price and then skyrocket up.

Users who are viewing this thread