BLIC 2007 LADDER Patch [Required] [UPDATED!!!] - DOWNLOAD NEW PATCH

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
This update is now REQUIRED for Case's Ladder matches.

TO INSTALL:

Download the file, and extract the file into your X:\Program Files\Codemasters\Brian Lara International Cricket 2007\Data\Gui folder , where X stands for the letter of your hard drive.

If you have RPIC, then extract the file into your your X:\Program Files\Codemasters\Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2007\Data\Gui folder, where X stands for the letter of your hard drive.

I didn't do this, and I take no responsibility for this.

Also, let me read a statement from Case's Ladder / MyLeague.

~The update contained in here is to fix bugs that occur between two teams within the 8 major test teams : Austalia, England, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, and the West Indies.

~All teams that are played between minnow nations (Such as Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe) are not affected by this update.

~Fielding stats for players have been updated, to make realism, and some stats have come down, due to unrealistic stats for players.

~The bug where wickets fall when players are not out, or out, but the batsmen does not change has been corrected.

Please note: This is not an official patch from Codemasters. This is a patch made by our Technical Staff, and we hold no responsibility for what this may or may not do to your PC. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Anyway, this little patch, is actually a new TeamAndPlayerInfo.bag file, which was made by Case's. As I understand, most batting ratings have been dropped, and bowling ratings have gone up, with some changes in the fielding ratings for some players. I suspect that the bug where wickets fall when players are not out, or the batsmen does not change had something to do with that file.

We can only hope for the best :help :hpraise

Also, anybody whose not on the ladder is welcome to download this, as this was made by Case's to make games more realistic, and God knows what they did with this.

I'm just the messenger, and I can go ahead and tell you, that this file is required by Case's or some type of penalty (I'm guessing drop in rank) will apply.

EDIT: The second version of the patch has been added, and is now the required version by Case's Ladder. Case's would like to thank playkid12, for his constructive criticism, which has been used in the creation of the second version of this patch

Attachments

• CasesladderUpdate2ndversion.zip
    46 KB · Views: 735
Last edited:

bothered

School Cricketer
cool this looks good, as i doubt the ps2 will get an official patch (lol)
il try making a ppf for this for ps2...hopefully it works too

im guessing this already fixes all faces and names of players too

Do you have link of full info for this file and changes

Last edited:

dippa

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
"~Fielding stats for players have been updated, to make realism, and some stats have come down, due to unrealistic stats for players."

Unrealistic stats for players?

Mind explaining how Pakistan suddenly have far superior stats to every other team then? India's stats stayed the same, Australia's and New Zealand's stayed the same

... yeh ... unrealistic all right

Insomniac

Title Recipient
India's stats are the same?

Lets look at Dhoni, Yuvraj, Sachin, Dravid, Uthappa, Ganguly, Kumble, Harbhajhan, Pathan, Sreesanth, Sehwag, Zaheer, Munaf,

Let's also look at Gilchrist, Symonds, Haddin, Hodge, Hogg, Lee, McGrath, Langer, Hayden, Clarke, Hussey, Bracken, Ponting, Watson, Tait

Lets also look at McCullum, Cairns, Vettori, Oram, Franklin, Patel, Mills, Sinclair, Fulton, Styris, Taylor, Bond, Fleming.

You have no room to talk at all.

And to add to this, I didn't make it.

I don't know the guy at Case's, nor what nationality he is, but he is suppouse to be a British person, living in London, who is now currently managing the ladder.

shrenik007

Club Cricketer
can someone edit this and make all the stats proper
and then bothered plz convert it for ps2 if it is made....

bothered

School Cricketer
Everybody this if for the ladder group ONLY but
If you are in it then cool go complain to Case,

but if you are NOT then you have NO deal complaining about the stats just look elsewhere or do one yourself.

Sorry but thats the truth

dippa

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
1) I didn't say you made the patch. Get off the high horse, I wasn't blaming you for anything.

2) Go to the team selection screen, and have a look at the total stats for both teams. Notice how Pakistan is suddenly the BEST team in the game? Before this update, Pakistan were about level with India, but now Pakistan are better than Australia.

It doesn't matter if individual stats are tweaked a little bit because the general stats level of the teams is roughly the same - pretty much anyone that has played a few matches can tell you this.

If you can't go to the team selection screen and see how Pakistan are suddenly better than Australia, after being on the same level with India (which pretty much leapfrogs them above Sri Lanka, West Indies, South Africa, New Zealand) well ... you're blind.

Next time I play a match, I'll take a screenshot for you and it'll prove my point. Pakistan as a whole has been unfairly boosted, unless you can somehow make the stats for the team have no bearing whatsoever on the ablities of the players (ie. that the inital stat picture is purely graphical).

ulukai

Club Cricketer
seriously dippa, get a grip on yourself mate..if you dont like, dont use it..and on top of that - ive seen the stats for the various team players (e.g Ind) they are clearly different from the original..as to why Pak suddenly shows up as the best team in the team selection screen - frankly dont know and dont care..and im sure zmario and bothered wud say the same cos they had nothing to do w. this patch to begin with..

ulukai

Club Cricketer
zMario said:
I have been told by various people in Case's that a 2nd version of their patch is to come out before this Saturday.

zmario - is it possible to post a link to the place where you find this info? thx

playkid12

Club Captain
I will actually support Dippa here. Although I really do appreciate the effort, this patch is not only biased, it just doesnt pull off what it says. I dont mean to criticize and belittle the creators of the patch, as my criticism will be constructive and should be looked upon for improvement purposes solely. I'll even go as far as lauding the creators for their assiduousness in an attempt to improve a flawed game - something that I haven't even thought of doing. Nonetheless, I've played various matches after applying this patch. The results of the patch show an almost equal number of bad experiences. If you guys dont know me on gamespy, my id is Happydummy007. I play fair.

Lets assess what the patch claims to have done:

~The update contained in here is to fix bugs that occur between two teams within the 8 major test teams : Austalia, England, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, and the West Indies.

- Some teams have no difference to them (atleast a noticable one). As Dippa pointed out earlier, India has no difference (if there is one, its not noticable). Zaheer Khan, known to be a good swinger of the ball, still has worse stats than all of India's bowlers...whereas in real life, he's India's spearhead. Munaf Patel's stats are lower than they should be, there's little doubt about that. Dhoni's stats are pretty low for someone who averages 44 with a strike rate of 98.5. Do your homework on cricinfo and you'll see that India's batsmen, who have very good stats (on paper atleast) are not given their due stats in the patch. Pakistan's stats are significantly improved. I'll completely agree with Dippa and be blunt here - according to this patch, they're the best team. The only positive out of the team stat changes was that Sri Lanka felt like they were patched in the right direction. In all actuality, it should've been patched to where Australia had incredible stats - better than the rest of the teams by far. The rest of the world should have similar stats (one slightly higher overall than the other). The total rankings should be in the order of Australia >>> South Africa > New Zealand > Sri Lanka > India = Pakistan > England > West Indies > Bangladesh > Zimbabwe.

~All teams that are played between minnow nations (Such as Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe) are not affected by this update.

- Okay, since no difference has been made for the minnow teams, its expected that they have the same everything - which is true.

~Fielding stats for players have been updated, to make realism, and some stats have come down, due to unrealistic stats for players.

- After I applied the patch, I've timed my throws perfect from 4 feet away from the stumps and missed them. I know this can occassionally happen, but seriously, I've timed it perfectly - right in the middle when the bar is filling! Again, I usually use India, so I can't say that it applies to every team.

~The bug where wickets fall when players are not out, or out, but the batsmen does not change has been corrected.

- If the creators of the patch truly intended this, I don't know what happened when I played Arunav and a number of other players. In fact, I've had more problems with bugs after applying the patch than before. While bowling, I saw two balls for some reason after it hit the ground. If you guys are doubting my computer for this, i have a 256mb vid card, 3.2 ghz processor, 2 gb ram, and a university connection - T1. The wicket problem still exists (bowler sees actual number of wickets than batsman etc).

I hope you guys don't view this post as a blind rant, as I'm just trying to help by giving input. I know I sound harsh at times in the post, but so do most people when they're not satisfied with something. Everything I've said here, I've truly experienced... if the developers of the patch did code for the patch to not be like this, something has gone very wrong between the translation of the coding to the actual playing of the game.

As far as the teams are concerned, it should be that Australia should be the very best - by far, and then the rest of the test nations with close stats - varying only a little depending on if the team has a star player, better bowling, better batting, etc.

Hope you guys look into what I've said. Thanks for trying to improve the game. Please make the patch right if you're making it "required."

I completely think dippa's reaction is called for. Stop telling him to get a hold of himself. If you guys would take two seconds to read, you'd notice "[Required]" in the title of this thread and would stop telling him that he doesn't need to use it.

But I'd just like to end w/ a suggestion - to make a proper patch - tested and accepted by the vast majority of the populace - before making it required for the ladder.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
zMario said:
This update is now REQUIRED for Case's Ladder matches.

What's the ladder patch? Does it improve the gameplay for CPU's batting? Because that's the one thing I can't fix with the editor, they still get out too easily (thanks mainly, it has to be said, to the ball going through the batsman's pads).

Insomniac

Title Recipient
playkid12 said:

- If the creators of the patch truly intended this, I don't know what happened when I played Arunav and a number of other players. In fact, I've had more problems with bugs after applying the patch than before. While bowling, I saw two balls for some reason after it hit the ground. If you guys are doubting my computer for this, i have a 256mb vid card, 3.2 ghz processor, 2 gb ram, and a university connection - T1. The wicket problem still exists (bowler sees actual number of wickets than batsman etc).

Ok, listen to me.

I can 300% assure you, that if you have the patch on, but the person on the other end doesn't, then you will 100% surely get this bug.

If he's edited his players out of this patch, then it will cause even more problems than the original.

I can tell you, this patch was tested between the Case's offices. The only thing that I think happened wrong is, there was no Pakistani, Indian, or Bangladeshi that worked there.

I respect your views Happydummy, but I can tell you, that if both sides are using the patch, and have replaced their file properly, this bug does not occur. This was the first and foremost goal of this patch to do, and I think it was successful because everytime I played a game with someone, I made sure they had installed this, and when I could confirm that, the game was a complete success. There are many people you can ask about this.

Furthermore, I will forward your comments to the Case's Ladder Technical Team, who will probably be able to assist you.

Further more, Case's has said that nearly everybody in the Pakistan team is brilliant. Just inconsistent in World Cricket, which Case's said they don't know how they can edit that, but are looking for something (Make what you will out of this)

Also, Case's has NOT yet suspended the usage of this patch, and are coming out with a short term fix for Pakistan, within 24 hours actually, as they wish to add new players who are going to be joining the Pakistani team shortly (Abu Dhabi ODIs) and Sri Lanka.

However, Case's is for some reason still requiring the usage of this patch.

Users who are viewing this thread